Boxing Thread

Erick Ochieng who just beat Gallagher has been taken away on a stretcher.

Crumlin’s Dean Byrne beaten in first fight. Gallagher got back in cos his opponent who beat him in first round was taken away to hospital. Gallagher in final now against Essex’s Johnny Coyle.

Coyle wins it.

Pacquiao-Bradley tonight. Massive fight.

Fingal and Porto’s favourite Irish Republican son Oisin Gael Force Fagan lost on points against Chris Goodwin for the World Federation Intercontinental lightweight title tonight in Manchester. Still proud of you mate! Tiocfaidh…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KN6ugKqhIys

Fighting Julia Cesar Chavez Jnr…great fight!

5.15…boxers in the ring, only an hour after Bunce said but hopefully worth it.

Pacquiao :clap::clap::clap:

Great to avenge that disgusting split decision loss the last time, he was well in control of this fight. For the record he won by unanimous decision. Talk of a fight with that scared cunt Mayweather again, I’ll believe it win I see it. The fight is well worth the watch by the way.

Mayweather is not scared of Pacquiao, more likely the other way around.

I’m not getting into it but the facts are there for everyone to see. Mayweather was running scared.

Mayweathers a fuckin wifebeater totti, and like most wifebeaters hes a bully with no balls, and as great a fighter as he is when he retires all he’ll be remembered for is ducking paciquaio

How many fights has Pacquiao fought at a catchweight which is suitable to him but a negating factor to his opponent? He has no problem setting what are unfavourable demands for other fighters but he wouldn’t relinquish to Mayweather’s demands.

There were two reasons why the fight has never happened - Pacquiao and Mayweather - and it’s not because Mayweather was scared or because he was ducking him. Mayweather has taken on much riskier fights than Pacquiao has in his career.

Thats a load a shite totti every fight mayweather takes is suited towards himself, like i said a great boxer but a cunt of the highest order a bully and a wifebeater, there was a time i wanted to see this fight but not anymore pacquaio is past his prime and that may be the only reason mayweather will take the fight now

It was De La Hoya calling all the shots when he fought him.

Pacquiao’s an amazing fighter. One of his great wins.

It was a good fight alright. First few rounds were explosive. Pacquiao was very busy as usual but I thought it was closer myself, thought Bradley movement was great and although Pacquiao threw loads of punches, he didn’t land any major blows and a lot of his punches missed or hit Bradleys gloves.

Crowd made a huge difference as well, 99% for Pacquiao who cheered at replays shown during rounds and Bradley booed coming into the fight. Box Nation commentators talked about Pacquiao constantly but I didn’t quite see it as one sided myself. Thought Bradley tired from round 7 and Pacquiao’s fitness took over.

[QUOTE=“Ebeneezer Goode, post: 930806, member: 1785”]It was a good fight alright. First few rounds were explosive. Pacquiao was very busy as usual but I thought it was closer myself, thought Bradley movement was great and although Pacquiao threw loads of punches, he didn’t land any major blows and a lot of his punches missed or hit Bradleys gloves.

Crowd made a huge difference as well, 99% for Pacquiao who cheered at replays shown during rounds and Bradley booed coming into the fight. Box Nation commentators talked about Pacquiao constantly but I didn’t quite see it as one sided myself. Thought Bradley tired from round 7 and Pacquiao’s fitness took over.[/QUOTE]

I had it 3-3 at the halfway point and Pac winning the rest of the fight 5-1.

I was surprised by Bradley’s strategy. He went all out to break Manny in rds 3/4/5, throwing wilder than he did even in the Provodnikov fight. I knew the fact that he just wasn’t going to get it if it was close was going to make him load up a bit more, but this was on a different level. He went to wear Pacquiao down and take his heart, and seeing Pacquiao weather that storm was amazing. He went from being bullied to taking over the fight in a single round, against a guy who’s one of the best conditioned fighters in the sport.

It’d be a great note for Manny to go out on. But we all know that won’t happen.

Name one.

Oscar De La Hoya.

A bit on the long side but worth a read if you have the time

http://deadspin.com/why-i-fixed-fights-1535114232?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

B-Hop. :clap: