Boxing Thread

Shannon Briggs has been stalking Wlad again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nyoof_Pm8U

John Joe Nevin’s back in action tonight for the first time since the leg break.

legs

[QUOTE=“Watch The Break, post: 1027899, member: 260”]Lee’s world title fight is going to be in Dublin on December 13th

[MEDIA=twitter]519192381548421120[/MEDIA][/QUOTE]
Andy Lee will fight Matt Korborov for the World Boxing Organization middleweight title on 13 December in Las Vegas it was confirmed today.

The Irishman’s title bout will take place on the undercard of the Tim Bradley-Diego Chaves fight.

The triple-header in Vegas is completed by light welterweight Mauricio Herrera versus Jose Benavidez Jr.

[QUOTE=“glasagusban, post: 1030034, member: 1533”]Andy Lee will fight Matt Korborov for the World Boxing Organization middleweight title on 13 December in Las Vegas it was confirmed today.

The Irishman’s title bout will take place on the undercard of the Tim Bradley-Diego Chaves fight.

The triple-header in Vegas is completed by light welterweight Mauricio Herrera versus Jose Benavidez Jr.[/QUOTE]

That’s what I thought the story would be initially. Fuck Arum the prick, getting our hopes up about it being in Dublin.

Thomand Park would have been better. The O2/3 or whatever its called Is shite. The old Point was so much better. The Dunne v Esham Pickering was one of the best atmosphere’s I’ve been too. DCU is even a better venue IMO.

Interesting segment with Matthew Macklin on Ringside. Describes the difficulty of facing Golovkin in the ring - http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/tv-shows/ringside/9519561/ringside-extra—16th-october

Saw that, thought he spoke fairly well and gave some good insight

Lookin forward to tonight…Golovkin always gives a show but Donaire v Walters should be a cracker!!!

Thank God I’ve a Nutribullet full of personal in the house to ensure I won’t fall asleep before the fight!!!

Should I take it with beetroot or just snort the kale?

[QUOTE=“Ebeneezer Goode, post: 1032999, member: 1785”]Lookin forward to tonight…Golovkin always gives a show but Donaire v Walters should be a cracker!!!

Thank God I’ve a Nutribullet full of personal in the house to ensure I won’t fall asleep before the fight!!!

Should I take it with beetroot or just snort the kale?[/QUOTE]

Donaire-Walters is an intriguing match-up. It’s a turning point for Donaire I think. If he loses he could walk away from the sport completely, but a win here could set him up for a lot of legacy enhancing fights at featherweight.

Hard to know what kind of a fight it’ll be. Walters might be better off being cautious early on, letting Donaire get anxious and maybe a bit reckless. Could be all over for whoever makes the first mistake.

[QUOTE=“Watch The Break, post: 1033002, member: 260”]Donaire-Walters is an intriguing match-up. It’s a turning point for Donaire I think. If he loses he could walk away from the sport completely, but a win here could set him up for a lot of legacy enhancing fights at featherweight.

Hard to know what kind of a fight it’ll be. Walters might be better off being cautious early on, letting Donaire get anxious and maybe a bit reckless. Could be all over for whoever makes the first mistake.[/QUOTE]

Neither are cautious and both love throwing big shots so Im hopeful it’ll be full on!!

That said big fights like this often end up very nervy with neither wanting to make a mistake.

[QUOTE=“Ebeneezer Goode, post: 1033006, member: 1785”]Neither are cautious and both love throwing big shots so Im hopeful it’ll be full on!!

That said big fights like this often end up very nervy with neither wanting to make a mistake.[/QUOTE]

It could be fight of the year if they go at it. Donaire has a good chin too so he’d be willing to slug it out, despite Walters’ size.

But yeah, I think it’s just as likely that it’s a tentative affair. Donaire is like Marquez, he doesn’t look anywhere near as good when he’s forced to lead. Don’t know how aggressive Walters is going to be, he may just set out to blow Donaire away.

But given his monstrous 73" reach he’d probably be better off working behind the jab and letting the frustration eat away at Donaire. One big shot might be enough to end it and Donaire would give him the opening eventually.

[QUOTE=“Watch The Break, post: 1033011, member: 260”]It could be fight of the year if they go at it. Donaire has a good chin too so he’d be willing to slug it out, despite Walters’ size.

But yeah, I think it’s just as likely that it’s a tentative affair. Donaire is like Marquez, he doesn’t look anywhere near as good when he’s forced to lead. Don’t know how aggressive Walters is going to be, he may just set out to blow Donaire away.

But given his monstrous 73" reach he’d probably be better off working behind the jab and letting the frustration eat away at Donaire. One big shot might be enough to end it and Donaire would give him the opening eventually.[/QUOTE]

I dont think Walters could pick him off with ease but he may end up being too tough for him…but then Donaire under pressure could end up fighting like a mad man…I wouldn’t call it…

Has Rubio any chance?

34/1 on bet fair if you fancy if ! Golovkin has captured prime time US boxing so be very interesting where it ends up. He looks fantastic so far, interesting what M Macklin said, seems to think he could have done something different…but they probably all do…maybe he’s just good!

This is serious business

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5lIWUvef_Q

He just doesn’t waste punches or any energy.

I’m only repeating meself now but there is a great ‘documentary on one’ …RTE Radio 1… called ‘Never Knocked Down’. It’s about Sean Mannion, a Connemara man who boxed in America and fought Mike McCallum for the WBA title. Well worth a listen.

Anyone awake?? If so, Sky Sports 1 now, should be a great fight…

Definitely the end of Donaire at Featherweight. Walters marches on.