Boxing Thread

Dunne might have weathered the storm here.

Much better round alright and he looks far steadier now again. Haven’t a clue what the score would be.

We’ll see. I don’t fancy him in a slugging match. We’ll see what kind of engine he has. He has loads of heart though the little fucker.

The champ looks groggy enough to me. Wouldn’t like to be on at 2/5 anyway, if Dunne has anything at all left.

Dunne’s meant to have put in a savage effort at training camp. The other lad seems pretty durable to me but Dave ‘Boy’ reckons he’s flagging. He’s a dirty little fook too, with his headbutts and shots after the bell and after the ref has shouted to break. Smashing fight though.

Always thought there was a touch of the Galway Hurlers about Dunne, but he is standing up strong tonight in fairness.

Cordoba swinging wildly now. He’s there for the taking if Dunne can keep going.

Last two rounds to Dunne. Fair fucks to him he’s in with a big shout here.

How are we scoring this one lads?

They’ve each had a 10-8 round, with their respective knockdowns, so they cancel each other out.

I’ve given Dunne the eighth there and I’ve given him 5 rounds in total, the champion 2 rounds and 1 tied round.

http://images.google.com/url?source=imgres&ct=img&q=http://www.cubanfoodmarket.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/SIR_L.jpg&usg=AFQjCNGC7w9nLqzWo7Hc4v6j3Ssyhm4GpQ

runt throws his hat into the ring.

Dave Boy has Dunne two in front.

A Panama hat…

I usually only wear one when I’m in Goodwood.

I’ve given that round to Dunne too.

[quote=“Bandage”]How are we scoring this one lads?

They’ve each had a 10-8 round, with their respective knockdowns, so they cancel each other out.

I’ve given Dunne the eighth there and I’ve given him 5 rounds in total, the champion 2 rounds and 1 tied round.[/quote]

2 counts for dunne in 1 round would be a 10-7 against, no?

They should have eurovision style scoring for the boxing with juries and phone votes.

It would be more transparent than most boxing judges

yep

Is that the way it works? I wasn’t sure.

Dunne’s edging back to the ropes and that’s inviting danger. He’s been at his best coming forward.

Whatever the admission was tonight, they can’t say they didn’t get good value.

If it goes to the judges you have to fancy the home fighter, no matter who he is.