Boxing Thread

Would the champion not get the benefit of the doubt WTB?

I have the champion winning round 10 and that makes it Dunne 6, Cordoba 3 and 1 tied. Dunne would be two points up then because of the 10-7. Quality fight.

powers had dunne2/7, cordoba 3/1 after 9 rounds

if he lasts he is comfortable i would think

Epic epic stuff here!!!

Can’t believe he’s still counting him. He can’t stand

Fair play to Dunne, never really liked him but you have to give him credit for this great win!

What a fucking win
Bernard you bloody good thing
Glass jaw me arse

Awesome. Truly awesome. Fuck rugby. :smiley:

Well in Bernard Dunne. Tremendous.

That was fucking senstaional.

A guy who has taken his fair share of stick but that was pure class and some bravery.

Terrible decision to keep the fight going to be honest.

[quote=“therock67”]That was fucking senstaional.

A guy who has taken his fair share of stick but that was pure class and some bravery.

Terrible decision to keep the fight going to be honest.[/quote]

It was a cracking fight
A big brawl

Rodney Carew, Toms del Espritu Santo, Federico Escobar , Toms Herrera , Mndez Pereira , Epifanio Garay , Ricardo Mir , The Panama Canal, The Panama Hat, Can you hear me Panama Hat, Your boy took one hell of a beating! Your boy took one hell of a beating!

Awesome bravery and sheer doggedness. One of the best fights I’ve seen.

Please god this boxer down is ok.

Hope the Panamanian lad is ok
Taking a long time to get up

Epic world title fight. As good as I’ve ever seen. Hope Cordoba is ok but fair fucks to Dunne. I’m fuckin delighted for him.

im shocked Bernard Dunne has won a World Title.

But the little fucker has proved it tonight over 11 rounds, he was outstanding.

The move to Castlebar last year was obviously the making of him.
Another victory for Muldoonism.

some day

It was crazy letting him fight on after the second knock down. Think the ref felt he owed him something because he’d had Dunne in huge trouble earlier but you could see he was fucked. MGG could have stepped in and finished him off.

Sounds like he might be ok.

Great fucking fight though.

[quote=“therock67”]It was crazy letting him fight on after the second knock down. Think the ref felt he owed him something because he’d had Dunne in huge trouble earlier but you could see he was fucked. MGG could have stepped in and finished him off.

Great fucking fight though.[/quote]

I can’t believe Bernard kept going - I thought it was all over for him, but fair play he hung in til the end of the round and came back
He boxed clever and kept the pressure up all the time

What a winner

WBY
ps Bernard’s missus looks fairly tasty- double fair play to Bernard

To get off the canvass twice and come back and knock the champion out. Unbelieveable. It’s just the last thing I would have expected. A terrific performance. The disaster of the Martinez fight might have been the making of him.

[quote=“therock67”]It was crazy letting him fight on after the second knock down. Think the ref felt he owed him something because he’d had Dunne in huge trouble earlier but you could see he was fucked. MGG could have stepped in and finished him off.

Great fucking fight though.[/quote]

id agree, the bell saved Dunne at the end of the 5th. In fact many refs would have stopped it before the bell and Dunne got a big break from the ref.

hope that lad is ok, not nice to see.

World championship title on the line, got to give the lad as many chances as possible.