Boxing Thread

That fucker quillin has been making this weight for 10 fuckin years,something fuckin fishy here

In Boxing, say it aint so :o

Could well be tactical. Haymon fighters are notorious for missing weight/catchweights. Not like it was a near miss either. The whole PBC setup seems to be about ignoring the alphabet belts entirely, and it seems inevitable that Haymon is going to introduce his own.

The flip-side is that Haymon has gone to a lot of trouble to get this Quillin this fight. He paid Saunders at least 100K in step aside money when Saunders was the mandatory and there was no good reason to do that if he didn’t want the belt. Also, with the WBO strap in-house they could continue on acting like GGG doesn’t exist with their ‘title fights’ on the PBC show, like they do with Kovalev at 175.

It is possible that Quillin just fucked up. He’s easily dumb enough. Don’t know if you saw the Corner to Corner show, but he’d moved his camp out to California and his conditioning trainer was a complete bullshit artist. He was rambling on about functional strength training and his way of doing it was having Quillin lift a bamboo barbell with kettlebells hanging off it. Total horseshit.

I really hope Quillin is drained. But with Haymon involved there’s always a chance it’s the other way.

This is win win for Lee surely. Win and he gets even more credit since Quillin was heavier than he should have been. Lose and he keeps the belt anyway and gets another big payday at a minimum.

Leeds is rocking…Sky’s new hero!

What channel and time is lee on?

Do you know much about boxing bud,lees probably been fasting and sweating all week to make the weight meanwhile Quillin has been swanning around eating and drinking whatever he wants and will probably finish the fight stronger if that’s the case,i hope lee KOs this cunt inside the first 6 rds

Would his attempt to get to 160 after the first weight in have fucked him up much? I assume he took a few diaroletics and tried to shit everything out… Or am I way off the mark?

It all depends how hard he tried KP,he would have know for a good while that he wouldn’t make the weight, its not his first rodeo,although if he did genuinely try it would be advantage lee but I doubt it

No. Not known for lads to go to a room, with plastic covers and clothes and skip for two hours. A certain Dublin boxer did it after eating only grilled chicken and broccoli for a week and still not making the weight first time…made it 2nd and went on to win.

Climb into a couple of bin liners and into a sauna probably.

Warrington v Tuberion is entertaining enough fare so far.

Don’t recall seeing this before. Bell never rang in Round 5 so they had a 4 minute round. Just called round 6 short after 2 minutes. Farcical.

Crazy shit

A beachball in the ring, a four minute round and a two minute round… Christ this is the best of british boxing in Leeds?? You wouldn’t get it at a knacker’s fight in mullingar

Lee never struggles to make weight.

[QUOTE=“Ebeneezer Goode, post: 1121738, member: 1785”]Crazy shit

A beachball in the ring, a four minute round and a two minute round… Christ this is the best of british boxing in Leeds?? You wouldn’t get it at a knacker’s fight in mullingar[/QUOTE]
Vinny Jones interviewed now during the fight.:rolleyes:

I never said he struggles but I know that he doesn’t walk around at 161lbs and just takes a big shit to make the weight

I know his missus. She’s a diamond. Andy’s a lucky man and he must be a right good chap.

This pino is durable.

He’s a sound auld skin alright