Boxing Thread

Paulie Malignaggi is the definition of an alright sort.

Looking forward to the Mitchell fight, really enjoy watching him and hope he does it.

Mitchell getting caught too easily here.

[QUOTE=“Nembo Kid, post: 1151185, member: 2514”]
Looking forward to the Mitchell fight, really enjoy watching him and hope he does it.[/QUOTE]

Linares is tough, he looks big too, this could be a bit too much for Mitchell/

Two poor rounds from Mitchell so far, looked sluggish and getting tagged too easily, if he continues like this he will get stopped.

Better round from Mithcell there, definitely not fighting like he usually does, seems to be extremely cagey.

Mitchell has him down!

Great round!

Mitchell is still vulnerable.

Have Mitchell 57-56 at the midway point.

Good round for Mitchell. Very composed.

This is going to be interesting if it goes to the scorecards. Have it level going into the 10th.

The cut did for Mitchell in the end, think that’s it for him at a world level.

He was beaten up in the end but he was only two rounds away from World Champion. Tough sport/livin.

That was a joke of a fight, time to stop throwing Brook these bums.

Think Eddie Hearn knows that too, I liked Gavin but pretty obvious Brook was different class. Brook needs to test himself now. Another dismal fight like that and the public will forget him.

@Nembo Kid , what do you make of frankie Gavin? I just say through a few godawful rounds between himself and junior witter.

Fights that need to happen :

Khan vs Brook
Joshua vs Fury

[QUOTE=“thedancingbaby, post: 1151289, member: 48”]Fights that need to happen :

Khan vs Brook
Joshua vs Fury[/QUOTE]
Fury’s up for a title shot, Joshua is down the line a bit yet.

Gavin has found the adjustment from amateur to professional very tough like an awful lot of good amateurs do and Gavin was an absolutely superb amateur by all accounts. He has good solid technical skills, decent jab and can throw combinations but his power is powderpuff, he’s a very, very weak light welter. He just doesn’t have the power or the threat to fend off top level fighters and that seems to the overriding issue in the way he approaches fights. He had no business being in a world title fight last night, that is for sure. I was very disappointed with his attitude last night, he showed no heart or guts and looked a beaten man from the get go and thought he surrendered quite meekly in the end although it was futile fighting on, still I don’t like seeing that from fighters.

I hate the way the Brits always pad their fighters, let them build 25 wins up on their record before even entertaining a worthwhile opponent. Brook should have been fighting someone of a decent calibre last night, of which there are many in the Welterweight division. They need to start fast tracking Joshua as well, he’s learning nothing from knocking these bums out in 2 rounds, Luke Campbell is another smashing prospect, although he’s actually a lot older than I thought he was (turns 28 this year), so far he has only been fed the bums, it needs to be notched up from now, he should be targeting a world title fight in the next two years. They need to get him active against good opponents in this time, try and get him a European title shot and then get him fights against some good lightweight operators, John Murray and Mitchell would be two great opponents. The Americans are much better for throwing their fighters into dangerous fights early on in their career.

[QUOTE=“Nembo Kid, post: 1151334, member: 2514”]Gavin has found the adjustment from amateur to professional very tough like an awful lot of good amateurs do and Gavin was an absolutely superb amateur by all accounts. He has good solid technical skills, decent jab and can throw combinations but his power is powderpuff, he’s a very, very weak light welter. He just doesn’t have the power or the threat to fend off top level fighters and that seems to the overriding issue in the way he approaches fights. He had no business being in a world title fight last night, that is for sure. I was very disappointed with his attitude last night, he showed no heart or guts and looked a beaten man from the get go and thought he surrendered quite meekly in the end although it was futile fighting on, still I don’t like seeing that from fighters.

I hate the way the Brits always pad their fighters, let them build 25 wins up on their record before even entertaining a worthwhile opponent. Brook should have been fighting someone of a decent calibre last night, of which there are many in the Welterweight division. They need to start fast tracking Joshua as well, he’s learning nothing from knocking these bums out in 2 rounds, Luke Campbell is another smashing prospect, although he’s actually a lot older than I thought he was (turns 28 this year), so far he has only been fed the bums, it needs to be notched up from now, he should be targeting a world title fight in the next two years. They need to get him active against good opponents in this time, try and get him a European title shot and then get him fights against some good lightweight operators, John Murray and Mitchell would be two great opponents. The Americans are much better for throwing their fighters into dangerous fights early on in their career.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for replying. I enjoyed reading it. There seem to be a fair few “upsets” amongst the British great hopes as soon as they fight anyone half decent. Do you think it is an ongoing feature, or more that they have just had a run of fighters who they know aren’t really that good?