Boxing Thread

https://youtu.be/hIkAxvKD7Rs?t=7m15s

1 Like

Crolla was robbed last night.

Good sign of frampton to get over the 1st round.
Yanks will love that.

Great article on Guillermo Rigondeaux here

3 Likes

I see Lee v Saunders has been postponed and moved to Manchester in October…not surprised.

Had a conversation only last Sunday with someone very involved in Irish boxing who actually advised me not to go to the fight.

He said it would be a knackers convention and there was going to be murder. A lot of fight fans were steering clear and the knackers were the only ones going.

Ringside for Lee, row A were still available when I checked last Saturday, Saunders was row C so it could be lack of more expensive ticket sales that caused it.

After the chat last Sunday I wasn’t going anyway…

1 Like

Sad really. Would have been a very nice moment for Andy.

But I wasn’t going to buy a ticket for that same reason. I’ve heard too many horror stories about that sort of shit happening on Warren cards with certain fighters. If it’s an established boxing arena where security will be up to scratch and the staff will know what they’re doing then fair enough. But I couldn’t imagine that being the case in Thomond Park. And definitely not with Frank running the show.

1 Like

Probably could have sold out the point and more secure too.

Thomond Park was crazy. Nothing against Lee but even on the under card of Dunne, no one watched him. He didn’t have a huge fan base and I’d doubt many in Limerick knew he won the last fight or he was even fighting for a title that night.

Brian Peters made great nights with Bernard Dunne. Macklin also in the point last year. Lee had no one like that backing him so no razzmatazz to sell the night. It was down to knacker v knacker. I hesitated buying a ticket and last weekends chat confirmed it.

It could actually be worth going to now in Manchester.

1 Like

Cotto - Alvarez, 21st November, Vegas.

I’m backing Cotto.

1 Like

Can’t wait. Winner to fight GGG.

I’d go with Canelo. I think he’s several notches above any challenge Cotto has faced since Floyd. He’s no geriatric and he’s a quality boxer. The big danger I would see for Canelo is Cotto fighting off the back foot and out-jabbing him. Canelo’s still quite poor at cutting off the ring. But Cotto’s not going to fight like that under Roach. He’ll be relatively aggressive and Canelo will catch him.

Should be a very good fight. Major win for whoever pulls it off.

1 Like

Mosley v Mayorga… this is a joke…

Rumours coming out that Lee Saunders is OFF.

This entire thing has been a clusterfuck from the start. You’d feel sorry for Lee. Off back to America to be fucked and forget about this backwater of a place.

Mayweather is a cheat.

1 Like

What a cunt. Needs to be kicked from this most noble of sports. Who are the cunts on here who backed this cheat?

Not sure, they probably have a history of supporting cheaters.

Not a banned substance.

No surprise the Tyrone supporter supports the drug cheating wife beating May weather.

He cheated, broke the rules, should have belt taken off him

1 Like

He didn’t cheat. He had permission to take a non banned substance which was sanctioned by an anti-doping body. He passed his drug tests.

No he didn’t.

They only got approval three weeks after the fight.

From Independent.ie

Floyd Mayweather Jr received banned intravenous vitamin injections the day before his May 2 megafight against Manny Pacquiao which failed to comply with World Anti-Doping Agency guidelines, it was disclosed late Wednesday in the USA.

The U.S. Anti-Doping Agency did not then issue a therapeutic use exception to Mayweather for the IVs until almost three weeks after the contest.

Oh dear…