Boxing Thread

If you want to see two closeted gay lads lying on top of each other you’d like ufc alright

2 Likes

Will hardly pay Saunders to give a rematch?

Billy Joe trains in his gym

Andy would beat him in a rematch.

+1

He had that fight there for him but didn’t do enough.

Chances of a rematch?

Lee left it too late to wake up as usual. Very frustrating fighter. Looked like he could have stepped it up much earlier but neve does.

If he gets one

He won’t be as reticent again anyhow

Saunders gassed hard in the second half of the fight. Again. Was very sharp and in charge early on but he was lucky to get the decision in the end.

1 Like

Macklin is a cunt

2 Likes

That 10-7 in the 3rd round was a killer. I had Saunders by 115 to 113 but the English cunt who scored it 115-111 must have been watching a different fight.

I don’t find it that hard to fathom a judge scoring it that.

Saunders won the 3rd and 5th round clearly, 3rd being a 10-7.

Lee won 9-12 clearly.

After that there was little between any of the rounds and it depends on what the judges like. It was a close fight, really difficult to score. Lee has only himself to blame as he left it too late to go for it. Don’t think Saunders will be too keen to give him a rematch.

2 Likes

I had it 114-113 for Saunders.

6 rounds for Lee, 4 for Saunders, 2 even.

10-7 Round 3 obviously the difference.

Would agree with most of that. Apart from the rounds you mentioned, I had Saunders winning the 1st, 6th and 8th with the 7th drawn.

So you had it Saunders by one?

There were many close rounds, depending on what the judge likes I think it leaves a balance of Saunders by 4 points to Lee by a point or two reasonable whether you agree with the decision or not. It was a difficult fight to score but for me and I think this is where it was important, on a points perspective after the third round Lee was in big danger and up until the 9th round he did very little to turn that mindset, this was a guy who really need to make a statement to the judges and he didn’t begin to do that until the 9th.

The thing is that had he probably done it just one round earlier then it was a draw.

I’m sorry for Lee, he carries himself well and comes across as a smashing guy but he has himself to blame for that one, the fight was there for him if he had a bit more belief in himself and his corner.

2 Likes

Saunders by 2. I gave Lee the 2nd round.

Sorry, you have:

1st, 6th and 8th is 3 rounds for Saunders. 30-27 Saunders

3rd is a 10-7 for Saunders. 40-34 Saunders

7 is a draw. 50-44 Saunders

Remaining 7 rounds for Lee. 114-113 Lee?

Is that right?

Couldn’t see 7 rounds for Saunders myself. Only gave him four with the 8th even. I had it for Lee by a point but could easily see it a point or two the other way.

Giving away the late rounds is a bad look for Saunders. Lee has a notoriously shit gas tank himself. Main thing for Billy was to get the belt but he won’t have impressed the yanks I’d say. Lee is probably still more likely to get Jacobs or Canelo next year.

Lee can blame no one but himself. You can’t expect to win after being on the canvass with that style of boxing.
He finally came out swinging in the 12th, and actually roughed up Saunders. For too long he let Saunders dictate the pace & this along with 2 good Saunders punches swung the fight.

Although Lee looked fitter as the fight went on, there seems to be little power left making that weight.

2 Likes

Here is what I had:

1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12

Lee 9 10 7 10 9 9 10 9 10 10 10 10 113
Saunders 10 9 10 9 10 10 10 10 9 10 9 9 115