Boxing Thread

That’s after aligning itself arseways, but you should be able to read it.

Fighting an English boxer in England is one thing but 3 British judges for a world title fight??? Fucking hell Lees camp were nuts agreeing to that farce of a set up.The third round knockdowns killed him the first shot especially was devestating caught him flush, Lee is far from the best boxer but by fuck he has some heart inside him lads.

3 Likes

That’s actually a draw, now that I tot it up again. :grin:

Macklin is still a cunt and he not Irish British brummie bastard

1 Like

Lee is some survivor to be fair to him, I’ve lost count of the times he’s looked gone in fights and managed to survive - it’s probably the attribute that commands the most respect in boxing - survival. Wed did have a golden generation of middleweights in Duddy, Lee and Macklin - a real shame none of them ever fought each other as they were all tough as nails. Duddy had one of the greatest chins in boxing. The first round of that Smichet fight is shocking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DzuFM_DDes

1 Like

The fault of Lee’s people and the Limerick sporting family. How they couldn’t make Thomond work is beyond me. The Limerick sporting people abandoned Lee. He should have stayed in America.

4 Likes

Happy xmas bud. Up limerick

Happy Christmas to you too mate. Pity it won’t be a happy one for Andy.

1 Like

The silence from @TreatyStones after his hero was beat is deafening…

ffs but right call. lee never got into his stride

Saunders was draped in a tricolour at the weigh in. It was perceived as two irish lads from what I gathered over here in mordor.

Saunders is a Roma gypsy though.

To be honest, I’d never heard of him before this week, but the papers basically had it down as two Irish traveller lads.

Have a lad do a quare dance before a rugger game and they’re fucking all over it though.

As i said the english view all gypsies as irish.

Saunders, Roma name?

Limerick is rugby country

1 Like

Benn-McClellan on Setanta now.

1 Like

That was some fight I remember it well,Benn should have been counted out after mclelland dumped him out of the ring,the good old days when ITV had big fights for free most weekends before those cunts at Sky came in:rage:

Don’t think I’ve ever seen it since. McClellan was some warrior when you look back knowing the kind of trouble he was in. He was pushing his gumshield out of his mouth from four or five rounds in, and the commentator remarked on how he had kept blinking as if trying to clear his vision for a round before he was eventually stopped in the tenth. Tough game.