Boxing Thread

“Niteclub” is a term used very loosely all over the country buddy,we have a few “niteclubs” up our way very much like the coach

1 Like

Crolla will be in for a tough night here, this guy is good.

Crolla stops him in the seventh.

What are khan’s chances @Nembo_Kid,box and move all night and keep the jaw low?I’d love to see canelo finish him with a KO

Crolla was great. I’m delighted. A thoroughly alright sort.

Seems like a good guy, big fan of Joe Gallagher too.

I would be shocked if it goes the distance.

Beating liverpool’s Derry Matthews in the rematch made him. Sky bigged it up and he took advantage.

Eddie Hearn grabbed the opportunity and Crolla’s popularity. Million Dolla now anyway!

Deserves it, seems an alright sort!

1 Like

Hard to see any argument for Khan. Even if he goes the distance his shots aren’t going to be making any dents in Canelo. Think about how much better a boxer & puncher Cotto is, and a handful of Canelo’s shots counted for more with the judges than a whole round of Cotto’s work.

Khan is an arm puncher compared to Cotto. He has his mobility and his speed but I can’t see it being anywhere near enough. If he even makes it close it will be an embarrassment for Canelo.

The most interesting part of the night should be the post-fight interview. And how the Mexican crowd reacts when they see Golovkin on the big screen.

Good summary. Did khan just make prescott look good or why did he never do much after?

Where does khan/sky go after this if he loses,I see canelo wants to fight GGG at 155 if he wins tonight

He never did anything before or after to be honest. Wasn’t that good.

Khan will just go back to 147 like nothing happened. It’s win/win for him. The Brook fight is still there too.

The post-fight interview will be a big deal. All the signs coming from GBP is that they want nothing to do with Golovkin. I hope it happens but I think Canelo will drop the belt.

I don’t see as much boxing as I used too but GGG would seem to be the much bigger man than canelo by far,maybe time for GGG to go up in weight?

Golovkin is afraid of his life of Ward.

Andre

Yes, the most obvious fight in boxing right now but Golovkin is only interested in beating up smaller men.

He’s a bit of a PBF is he

Mayweather beat bigger men too.

Golovkin makes 160 easily and rehydrates to low 170s. Canelo rehydrates to the same weight (170-175), but has invented a new weight class to avoid fighting guys his own size.

Golovkin is Canelo’s mandatory and he can probably make 160 until the day he retires. Makes no sense for him to go anywhere. Canelo is going to have to fight him eventually.