Boxing Thread

It makes far more sense for Golovkin to step up and fight Ward than it does Canelo to fight Golovkin.

Golovkin is afraid of his life of Ward though and it won’t happen.

Canelo is the middleweight champion. Golovkin is the consensus #1 middleweight in the world. Ward is a light-heavyweight.

That makes as much sense as your long running argument that Paul McCloskey is a world level fighter. You man who retired him wouldn’t box eggs.

1 Like

McCloskey fought for a world title fight and was fucked over by a disgraceful call by a medical official on his big night.

Your constant musings about Canelo avoiding Golovkin shouldn’t be taken seriously when you refuse to acknowledge Golovkin doing the exact same thing with Ward.

Canelo is a multiple weight division belt hodler, Golovkin has pretty much cleared out a weight division at this stage but has never dared step out of his comfort zone and take on Ward or any of the other potentially hazardous opponents in the super middleweight division. He’s only happy when he’s in with smaller men. He is scared shitless of Ward and knows he will get comprehensively outboxed if he fights.

If you can’t see the double standards in what you’re arguing then I can’t help you.

:smiley:

https://twitter.com/Tyson_Fury/status/731239909902684160

@Nembo_Kid

3 Likes

Fury is a class act, huge fan of the way he conducts himself.

1 Like

I fully agree with you there

1 Like

Selby is fighting on spike now

:laughing:

He’s makes some great points there.

1 Like

Mayweather on Golovkin,

I just look at the situation like this: Sugar Ray Leonard, he jumped up in weight. Roberto Duran jumped up in weight, Oscar De La Hoya jumped up in weight, Floyd Mayweather jumped up in weight, Pernell Whitaker jumped up in weight, Roy Jones jumped up in weight. So many legendary champions jumped up in weight. I jumped up in weight. When is GGG gonna jump up in weight?

“I proved myself over and over again. I’m not ducking or dodging GGG. I’m a businessman. My focus right now, if I was to get inside a ring and compete, only guy I’m thinking about right now, business-wise, is Conor McGregor.”

Is Golovkin the biggest chicken in boxing right now?

Heavyweight eliminator on SS3 now.

Joseph Parker (18-0, 16KOs) vs Carlos Takam (33-2-1, 25 KOs)

Parker wins a unanimous decision.

Very enjoyable fight

[quote=“thedancingbaby, post:5856, topic:280”]
Heavyweight eliminator on SS3 now.

Glasgow Central KO… you couldn’t make it upo

Haye’s fight is coming up on Dave shortly here

Who the fuck is Haye fighting? Some random Swiss fighter?

Is he anyway relevant any more?

Ah ffs, on the deck after 40 seconds.

This is fuckin woeful even for the heavyweight division

This is a comedy bout