Boxing Thread

I’m as bad as Kev here,I didn’t know pacquaio was fighting tonight, jaysus

1 Like

Pacquiao in control after 3, had Vargas down in the second.

Better from Vargas last couple of rounds but still behind.

8 in, Pacquiao by 3

Gone the distance. Vargas kept him honest but Pacquiao too good

Pacquiao was sprightly but can’t be clinical as the power has gone. Not exciting anymore.

Mayweather would have toyed with Vargas. Probably not exciting either but would have been another masterclass.

1 Like

What was Barnes like ???

Kind of like a traveller.

2 Likes

Fuck barnes the little wanker

2 Likes

I don’t think he ever hit that much harder against 147 lbers. Vargas is possibly the tallest boxer he has faced so there weren’t going to be many opportunities to land something big. The same precision isn’t there but he’s crafty as fuck and still surprisingly quick for his age.

A nice dignified start to Paddy Barnes pro boxing career on Saturday night. The loodar they dragged in off the street couldn’t even fall over when required.

1 Like

No.1 fighter in the world to be determined this Saturday night. Been a Kovalev fanboy since he first appeared on US tv, but Ward is a genius and is very worthy of the title. Hope it ends with a brutal Kovalev knockout but Ward by decision seems more likely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsL5Lp0fcZU

Should be good ok. Fancy ward but Kovalev is dangerous .

You can’t pick against Ward really. He has been utterly dominant against elite level competition throughout his career. I don’t think his offence looked that good against Barrera though. He looked one-handed and a little sluggish. He’s certainly capable of slowing down Kovalev and minimising his opportunities, but he will need more than that to take rounds. Kovalev is sharp, is a good judge of distance, and has power in both hands. If he fights conservatively he’s going to have to pick his moments very carefully to avoid getting put on his arse. An aggressive mauling approach might actually suit him better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSnMnI7jwXo

Which channel is showing that?

Sky have it over here I guess

Max: “It seemed to us that you made good on your promise before the fight to punish him for some of the things he said…Were you punishing him intentionally and extending the fight?”

SK: “Yes, I would fight more rounds and make him more pain”

:grin: