Boxing Thread

UFC will go the same way a boxing in time if it gets more popular,splits will occur and multiple champions will be recognised.But it will never be as popular as boxing.

1 Like

Where is Div 2 ?

Don’t necessarily disagree with you but what Sky and Eddie Hearn have done for boxing is a good thing.

Yes, the Sky commentators must be sometimes watching a different fight, but its boxing, some refs do too.

Their hype is annoying you get some great nights boxing on Sky, it beats Ray fucking Darcy anyway.

1 Like

Division 2 is the shite you see in british train stations. Scraps where the ref runs off with stolen crates of beer and the likes before he can rule a knock down as a slip

1 Like

It’s OK bud we all know boxing this side of the pond is shit, John Duddy James Moore Andy lee could have won European and/commonwealth titles but didn’t,they decided to go to the big league’s.They tried and failed.As the man says better to have tried and failed then won some shitty title that no one wants.

What man said that?

All of the above came back from the states broke.

Steve Collins said to be the best you have to go to the US. Very unlucky not to beat McCallum or Reggie Johnson…that said when he came back to Ireland and Britain he gave us some serious nights and ones we’ll never forget.

Bernard Dunne boxed in the states before coming back to Dublin, but the night he fought Esham Pickering in the Point was one of the best atmospheres I was ever at.

I’ve seen one of Jason Quigleys fights. Id prefer see a lot more.

In fairness there’s a lot more world championship nights in England now, it’s not all European and Commonwealth belts.

There is better boxing in Britain now, more opportunities, it has to start somewhere. Fair play to Hearn and Sky.

They all had one thing in common,they failed but they failed at the top.

I did dickface

I also doubt they were broke,I’ll pick a few holes in that tomorrow, but James Moore ownes a bar in sunnyside queens,Duddy is acting and has starred in a bon Jovi video.Andy Lees not done yet.Bernard Dunne was training in the best gym in the US with Freddie roach back in the 00’s but his woman pussywhipped him into going back to darn dale.

1 Like

And Dunne is doing well for himself.

Bernard Dunne went for a job with the fire brigade after winning and losing a world title.

Duddy sold out Madison Sq Garden although Management and Promoters would have got most of that.

Owning a bar in the states doesn’t make you rich, the cousin owns one in Chicago.

I know a boxer who was fighting in the US, a state champion and was given €500 and a flight home to fight for an Irish title. Some boxers are paid with tickets and it’s up to them to sell them. Most Lads are just mad to get on a card.

Anyway, back to my original question, where’s Div 2.

I never disagreed with you but said Hearn and Sky are good for boxing and there’s been some cracking nights boxing on Sky.

Duddy never sold out MSG,he sold out the theater at MSG which holds about 3k.

Klitschko vs Joshua will not happen in December per Eddie Hearn

Not for me as I’ve got it but any links for tonight’s fight?

Did someone post a link for fights previously? If so throw it up!

Thanks

Who’s fighting the night

Paddy Barnes won professional debut

Jamie Conlon now

Pacquiao later

Who the fuck is Pac fightibg?

Did i turn off my internet for a month or what?

1 Like

Jessie Vargas - WBO Welterweight title

Vargas is surely years ahead at this stage?

How do you mean?