Boxing Thread

Watching this back on RTE 2 now,

Conor McGregor is a gas man.

Did he take it easy the first two rounds?

He upped it big time in the 3rd round alright.

Fuck the bookmakers anyway.

Not really, but he clearly stepped it up in the third.

I hope he goes on to be the world champion.

He’s a fantastic boxer.

2 Likes

one of our best

1 Like

He’s class…professional game will suit him as well.

Is Conlon with the Kinahans as well?

He signed with Top Rank in the US, but I see Matthew Macklin is described as his manager in various media reports. Macklin is definitely in the Kinahan’s pockets.

An incredibly bad decision in my opinion, despite the lack of too many credible alternatives. Boxing is a dirty game right through - most of it dirty money. Hence the Kinahin/Macklin link. They are bankrolling a few of Ireland’s biggest names in boxing and a similar sport, I’m reliably informed.

Conlan has a big future ahead of him - if he’s properly managed. Some would say he has the potential to be a long term WC, and he could well be. Which begs the question why would he need managerial representation from a game but limited ex-pro with a run-of-the-mill gym, in Spain?

I’m sure there of loads of fighters who would take on the champ in any division - but how many of them can pay for it beforehand with a cheque that doesn’t bounce out the door and over the wall?

yes

Tidy win for Andy Lee. One more title shot? Probably more of a pay day.

Yeah, he did the job but rusty at times.

He was fighting a scrub. Because he still some credit in the bank with the fans he might get another big fight, if the timing is right. Maybe the loser of tonight’s main event, or maybe someone like Eubank.

Amazing fight unfolding between Gonzalez and Rungvisai.

GGG beats Jacobs by a unanimous decision.

115-112
115-112
114-113

Rungvisai won by majority decision…it appears that this was a controversial outcome. Stats show Gonzalez threw more and landed more punches.

114-112
114-112
113-113

That scoring a little Harsh on Jacobs. That said he didn’t win either .

Yeah he’s out since December 2015 - nice handy 8 rounder to blow off the dust and clean out the lungs. An honest sort, I like Andy Lee. Hope he gets another shot against a beatable opponent. He’d need to up it significantly against those ahead of him at this stage to trouble them.

He should have pulled out of that Saunders fight rather than let them have the title. Too many things went wrong in the lead up. Saunders would have pulled out… At least if he vacated hed have gotten another shot sooner. Beaten put him back too far at this stage of his career.

Did he not get a big payday out of that?