Boxing Thread

Those punch stats are meaningless. Wildly inaccurate. It’s hard enough to count landed punches when you watch a round back on slow motion. Never mind in real time.

Decision could have gone either way really but I don’t think Gonzalez could complain too much. I thought Jacobs had more cause for complaint. Again a close fight but I don’t see how two of the judges saw 7 rounds for Golovkin.

1 Like

What went wrong going up to it? I thought at the time he just left it too late to wake himself up and start winning rounds. He made a habit of it in recent fights, terrible slow starts. He comfortably won the second half of the fight when he realised he had to. I’d have no doubt he’d win a rematch, Saunders would never give him one. He wants the GGG fight, in reality that’s just a shot at a big payday before retirement. Alvarez might be another possible payday.

The press release referred to a virus for the Thomond Park cancellation. Slow ticket sales aside, he said himself recently that he was over trained and hugely flat as a result. The fight was postponed twice leading to a training schedule that seemed to never end. It ultimately took its toll on the older Lee. All things being equal he’s a far better boxer than Saunders. Counts for nothing now though.

KT Taylor up next on sky in 5 mins. Will be another punchbag exercise. The depth in womens professional boxing is so shallow and unlikely to grow that this is ultimately a questionable pursuit. Its a sham if we’re honest about it.

5 Likes

UD 8rds for KT. Nice knockdown in rd 7. Doesnt seem to have much if any power. Lands flush a lot but doesnt buckle her opponent much.

There’s no market for it. But I guess Hearn deserves some credit for giving it a go. Not many others would.

Wouldn’t give Hearn credit for anything. Probably easy enough for him to tag her on to any of his big cards without too much cost and good pr for him.

Who else is doing it?

Big fat head on that queer De La Hoya.

1 Like

Didnt say anyone else was doing it, there isnt much appetite for it. Just noted that eddie isnt some sort of envelope pusher for womens boxing or deserves that much credit, tags her fights on for not much cost and some good PR. Eddies a snake.

Fairy turgid stuff here, two non punchers, Rose always been shit, never seen Arnfield. Goina last 12 rds unless his nose gives in.

Rose ahead on cards here, but his cuts have opened. Arnfield is odds against, get on

Let’s go Horgay.

1 Like

Linares of questionable character

After the Haye v Bellew short film can we really take any Hearn promoted Fight seriously?

Twenty dolla Crolla doing jackshit so far.

Watching a Crolla build up promo on Sky earlier, Crolla & his trainer seemed very concerned at how he tanked in the later rounds of the last fight.
Is he holding back dramatically?

Crolla seems to waste a lot of energy on unneccessary movement. Linares speed and technique is class, mon Crolla

1 Like

Holding back a little but I don’t think he’s able to catch Linares at all right now.

Decent round this.