Boxing Thread

didn’t stay up for it but watched the replay, mayweather never got out of second gear, his defense and movement were excellent…Disappointed for Marquez as he is a class act at 130 but stepping up two weights was far too much for him…Reckon Floyd would beat Paqciaou if they meet next year

Highlight of the night for me was seeing Triple H staring down Shane Moseley.

:thumbsup:

I think if any of you like to have a flutter then Poonsawat Krat… will win against Bernard Dunne next weekend. He is a good bet.

I was searching this thread just to ask the very same thing. I think this Dunne fella is very over-rated generally, and despite what little i know about his opponent i wouldn’t be at all surprised if he beat Dunne. 6/5 with Powers currently, Dunne at 8/13.

Matthew Macklin is figfhting some Finnish chap on sky tonight for the European middleweight title, if he wins it it could set up a fight with Andy Lee…Think Macklin hurled minor for tipp at one stage, hopefully he does the business tonight…

Macklin boxed the head off his lad and had him on his arse twice in the first round with the ref counting him out in the dying seconds of the round.
Looked harsh in real time but in replay the ref did very well i think, the Finn was in bits.

Sky called him a ‘British’ boxer, i know he is supposed a Tipp but how Irish exactly is he? Is he more irish then Andy Lee for example?

[quote=“HBV*”]
Sky called him a ‘British’ boxer, i know he is supposed a Tipp but how Irish exactly is he? Is he more irish then Andy Lee for example?[/quote]

If he hurled for Tipp that’s Irish enough for me. Fuck them Sky cunts.

I don’t know are any of ye watching the live coverage on Sky Sports but there’s a fight on the moment where Mark Thompson is fighting this Georgian journeyman.

The Georgian is literally playing the part of a human punch-bag. It’s hilarious stuff. He has thrown about 10 punches in 5 rounds so far and yet he keeps coming back for more. He even has a smile on his face.

Ah lovely.

Ref after stopping it there cos yer man not fighting back at all. Great stuff.

tipp/roscommon, seen a load a sheepstealers at one of his fights in the point

go fuck a duck

i’m fucking serious

tipp father, roscommon mother(or maybe its the other way around) think he was born in Birmingham…

Dunne has been friendless in the market so far. I thought yer man was value alright earlier in the week at 6/5 but didn’t have the heart to bet against Dunne.

Dunne is now 5/6 with a lot of firms which might just represent value because of the home advantage. No way was he a 8/13 shot which he was earlier in the week.

Oh dear. You could see Dunne’s legs were gone after the first knockout.

Dunne what a sham.

I dunno what the two commentators were on about with their ‘phantom punch’ talk. That first knockdown punch was a sickener. You could see he was fucked as soon as it landed.

dunne looked fucked after the 2nd knock down, he was never going to get back into it!

where does berrrrrnard of the no chin go from here?

Will be cheering for Carrigallen later on no doubt.:clap: