Boxing Thread

How exactly is the lad a sham, he won his world title fair and square…I don’t think anyone ever thought he was the greatest Bantonweight around but more than deserved his belt…He was beaten by a better boxer last night, Poosawat had ferocious power for a small man and once Dunne got into close exchanges with him he was goosed…Everybody knew it would be a tough fight, Dunne boxed well for the first two rounds, sticking and moving but you can’t go 12 rounds without getting close…It is easy say he has no chin but that uppercut for the first knock down would have put 95% of bantomweights on their holes…It is also worth remembering that coming into the fight that Poosawat was ranked number 4 in the division and was the number one challenger while Dunne even with his belt was number 8…

Well said, Puke. :clap:

:clap::clap::barcasmile:

nice bit a matchmakin by peters there:guns::rolleyes:

Huh?

A lot of people seem to be revelling in the fact that Dunne was beaten last night. I am disappointed. He seems to be a thoroughly sound bloke and Irish as well.

Sure what do you expect. There’s an awful lot of thick Irish begrudgers out there.

I love Dunne. He’s limited, sure, but he seems absolutely sound and dedicated as they come. Gutted for him last night.

:rolleyes:

Did Dunne have to fight this lad?
Ml Carruth wasn’t slow to lay blame at Brian Peters door for lining this lad up for Dunne so soon. Dunne should have taken a few pay days before taking him on he said, but i heard somewhere else they were forced into it as the Thai was waiting 18 months for a shot.
Anyone got the full story?

[quote=“HBV*”]Did Dunne have to fight this lad?
Ml Carruth wasn’t slow to lay blame at Brian Peters door for lining this lad up for Dunne so soon. Dunne should have taken a few pay days before taking him on he said, but i heard somewhere else they were forced into it as the Thai was waiting 18 months for a shot.
Anyone got the full story?[/quote]

For a finish up yes, he had a chance to fight Rendall Monroe, an english chap who i would have expected Dunne to beat, but they couldn’t get a deal in place and it fell through, as he couldn’t get a defense within a certain time he had to take on the manditory WBA challenger, Poonsawat…

I think that Cordoba(the llad dunne beat to win the title) took the Dunne fight in order to avoid Poonsawat, who had already beaten him on points before

I would wholeheartedly agree with these sentiments, dunne won a lot of friends that night 6 months ago, he is an honest man trying his hardest, if every Irish sportsman could legitimatly claim the same then this place would be a lot better off.

Was disappointed for Dunne last night. As one lad in the pub said he wasn’t even 2nd in that fight. Expect to see Bernard on Celebrity Jigs and Reels in 2 years time.

Wheres your messiah now!

Fucking glad that cunt got smashed up. Scumbag. I don’t support scumbags.

:smiley: real characters in the pubs you drink in:rolleyes:

More like rale characters NCC :thumbsup:

:confused:

:eek:

Yup and fook you auld coont!

Loughrea cunts let me down in a treble with Gort and the lad that beat Dunne. Dunne is an awful ape, he had the beating of your man except he let the crowd influence him and engaged in a toe to toe battle(not a good idea if your chin cannot take a good belt).