Boxing Thread

That was a vicious uppercut from Joshua.

1 Like

Judging by the judges scorecard the fix was in.

1 Like

Joshua is an alright sort

Go on.

Anything remotely passable would have been classed as such, so bad has heavyweight boxing been for the last 15 years.

2 judges had Joshua up by 2 up to and including the 10th rd.

He is. People would like to take anyone down

Who’s this joke of an announcer? He’s no Jimmy Lennon Jr.

Very much so taking how he portrays himself in the media into account. I just reckon he’s not the real deal the British Press make him out to be.

What do you want him to do?

He’s a Woolwich fan.

Great fight. Great way for Wlad to go out. Great way to crown a new King. Great night for boxing.

2 Likes

Joshua is a very impressive young man. I remember thinking the same when he was interviewed during the Olympics in 2012. Two excellent ambassadors for boxing.

The British tabloid press might be overdoing it a bit but most serious journos are more circumspect regards AJ . He is seen as talented but a bit raw . He was decent tonight and will learn an awful lot from this outing . He is only 26 . He is still a work in progress .

2 Likes

Rounds 5 and 6 and then the finish were great. Really enjoyable all round actually.

@Sidney last boxer to be knocked down and win the heavyweight title?

I imagine somebody more knowledgeable about heavyweight boxing than me would know the answer.

Can anyone fire up the knock downs in earlier rounds? My stream crashed.

Gene Tunney was knocked down by Jack Dempsey at Soldier Field in 1927 and came back to win - The infamous Long Count.

James buster douglas in Tokyo