Boxing Thread

Nice mix of celebrities at tonight’s fight.

[quote=“Special_Olympiakos, post:6687, topic:280, full:true”]
Who’s the guy on the right?
[/quote]

I think it’s one of the lads from Arsenal Fan TV.

Who’s the guy on the right?

I think it’s one of the lads from Arsenal Fan TV.

One of the klitchos got ko’ed by a south African golfer a few years ago iirc

Sure you’re not thinking of George Foreman?

Up AJ. Up England. Up British boxing.
The pretend ira lads are seething

4 Likes

Corrie Sanders. Stopped Wlad but Vitali stopped him. Sadly murdered in an armed robbery a few years back.

I think it was a much more dignified way for Wlad to go than the Fury fight, which was barely a real fight at all.

AJ is a dream champion. As marketable as it gets. Him vs Fury becomes the fight that has to happen now.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/piesportsbooze/status/858440934660468741

Instant classic

The greatest of all time

4 Likes

That was some punch.
Joshua ducked into a klitscko uppercut which was also a beaut.
That was a great fight.

1 Like

Ya great fight, can’t understand why Klitscho didn’t finish him off in round 6 when AJ’s legs were very wobbly. Instead AJ didn’t throw a punch for 3 rounds comes out in the 11th and does that.

1 Like

It looked like one decent shot from either and the other was done. In hindsight I think they both got hit with better punches than it looked at the time.
I thought joshua was just anaerobic and fcuked, but he recovered well. He is possibly a bit too scientific and measured. Looks a bit ungainly but fair play to him.

Klitchko never finishes people off, just jabbs the shit out of them till they relent or they get to the end of the fight. Good to see some new blood for a change, if only all the big yanks weren’t drawn to NFL we could have a few more challengers

At 41 you would have thought going past round 6 was a poor strategy against Joshua, the longer it went on the less likely the older man was to win

Other way around I would have thought before the fight. Klitscho knew he could go the distance and more, Joshua didn’t.

I expect this New Zealander to get KO’d here. Never seen him fight but he just looks shit.