Boxing Thread

Mayweather was fighting easy fights for a good few years when Golovkin was finding it hard to even find fights. Of course Mayweather should have moved up and fought Golovkin if he was as great as fans like you suggest.

That’s why Mayweather will never be considered an all time great like Leonard.

When the sums add up I suspect.

Where is he getting bigger sums than Ward. He has hid from Ward for 3 or 4 years now when it would be a big fight.

This is about Golovkin, not Mayweather. Mayweather has won belts at 5 different weight levels. I don’t think he has much to prove to anyone, he has fought the best from all those divisions. His legacy is secured, he stepped up in weight and beat the best that they could throw at them

Golovkin’s legacy will say that he dominated one weight division, cleared it out but was afraid to step up and fight at a bigger weight class. There is no doubt about it that he has ducked Ward and this is avenue that you don’t want to discuss.

I think it’s bordering on unreasonable for someone like Mayweather to fight as a middleweight. I don’t think it’s unreasonable for Golovkin to fight at super middle.

1 Like

You are as afraid to discuss Mayweather dodging Golovkin as Mayweather was of fighting Golovkin.

I’m not. I’ve stated my views on the differences between a guy who stepped up through 5 different weight divisions and proved himself against a guy scared to step out of his comfort zone.

You are using Mayweather as a red herring here in order to avoid discussing Golovkin ducking Ward. Golovkin knows Ward beats him and that is why he has ducked and continues to duck him.

Two or three big money fights at his own weight first. He’s not been earning big money til very recently because noone in his division would fight him.
Give him a chance.

Or because there are very few big draws in his division. A blown up Cotto has won a belt there and been very competitive.

And yet Mayweather who comfortably beat Cotto at light middleweight level, and who is taller and has a longer reach than Cotto, wouldn’t move up to middleweight to fight Golovkin. Hmmm…

Mayweather was one of the greatest boxers of all time

3 Likes

And here you go with your Mayweather red herring again.

It’s amazing how you have such a vocal opinion on Mayweather not fighting at 160 lbs - despite the fact that he has belts all the way up from 130 lbs to 154 lbs but how you don’t seem to have absolutely any opinion on Golovkin not moving up from 160 lbs to 168 lbs despite having pretty much cleared his own division and never winning a belt outside that weight class. Now we’ve got to ask ourselves, why are you so vocal on one but so reticent to criticise on the other hand. You’ve given us the Mayweather red herring twice, tell us about Golovkin.

he’s not being honest with himself or the forum

1 Like

I’m only highlighting your double standards pal.

No, mate.

I don’t have double standards, I’m highlighting your own as you’re the one on the record giving your thoughts on Mayweather while failing to justify it on Golovkin.

Going from starting at 160 lbs to 168 lbs is an entirely natural and logical progression.

Going from starting at 130 lbs to 160 lbs is an extremely rare and unheard of progression.

Maybe you can name me a boxer who has won world title belts at super feather and middleweight? If you can’t then shut up.

You don’t get to make the rules of the conversation.

I think I have shown you be unwilling to apply your standards on a consistent basis, you’re too scared to even attempt to discuss Golovkin’s ducking of Andre Ward - particularly when you’re his biggest fan boy and have made some bizarre, illogical accusations towards Mayweather despite the fact he has fought the best from 130-154 in his career and retired with a perfect record.

If you say so.

If Leonard was in Mayweather’s position though, he would have fought Golovkin.

1 Like

Is Leonard your new red herring?

What about Golovkin ducking Ward?

What about Mayweather ducking Golovkin?

Golovkin never ducked Ward. I will expose this myth you have created later. He was booked to fight Lemeuix in a unification when a possible fight with Ward was mooted. Ward then moved up. Nothing to see here.