Boxing Thread

joe calzaghe coke head, retirement must be boring,http://www.doghouseboxing.com/Benz/DHBenz0328d10.htm

I hear pacquiaos mother wants him to retire, he’s running for election anyway

no chance of him retireing yet espcially if he doesnt win that election,he ran before and lost because people wouldnt vote for him as they thought it would distract him from his boxing,which do you rather turfcutter machine cut or spade?

I’d be hoping for the Pac man money-maker fight myself like but you know lads and their mothers. What you make of Hayne, robbed again on sky box office with nothing on the undercard I suppose. Hopper turf the only way to go but I have been talking about cutting a trailer with the slean for about 3 years now.

i can see haye beatin a few blown up yanks for a year or so running his mouth off before he will eventually have to fight one of the klitchos,and then well see what hes made of

David Haye is bating seven shades of shit out of Ruiz at the moment, Ruiz has been on the canvas countless times but keeps getting up and fighting on. To be honest I think his corner should pull him out, he is making no impact at all.

They just threw in the towel in the 9th, not before time. In fairness to Haye, Ruiz while being no world beater is hardy hoor and has only been stopped once before this. I wonder will he line a shot at one of the klitscho’s now? I heard a few murmerings that Bernard Hopkins could be lining up an attempt to tempt Haye into the ring.

hopkins said hed love to fight haye but would have to be at cruiserweight,haye will take another few soft ones arrieola or some of these other soft yanks before he takes on any a the klitschos,what about him calling his son CASSIUS HAYE ffs what was he thinkin :lol: chav

the next berrrrrrnard?My link interview with dean byrne

bit of a slight upset, talks were that one of the irish middleweights might have got a shot at Pavlik within the next year but that is up in smoke now

Martinez beats Pavlik for middleweight crown
Sunday, 18 April 2010 12:49
Sergio Martinez of Argentina recovered from a knockdown to defeat champion Kelly Pavlik and win the WBO and WBC middleweight titles in Atlantic City on Saturday.

Martinez was knocked down in the seventh round but recovered to inflict a cut above Pavlik’s right eye that turned the bout back in his favour in the ninth. The Argentine built on that momentum and earned a unanimous points victory.

‘It was a 12 round plan,’ Martinez said. ‘I knew in the long run he would show his true championship colours. But I knew at the end I had to finish off strongly.’

Martinez (45-2-2) dominated the early stages with superior speed and footwork, darting in and out and landing right jabs and straight lefts.

His movement left Pavlik (36-2) off balance, causing him to lunge with his punches and allowing Martinez to land counters over the top of the American’s jab.

Pavlik, however, began to close the distance in the fifth round and cut off the ring more effectively.

Martinez walked into a short right hand that dropped him to the canvas in the seventh round and while he appeared unhurt, the knockdown added to the sense the contest was slipping away from him.

But the Argentine turned the tide two rounds later, opening up a cut above Pavlik’s eye.

‘At the beginning of the ninth, he landed a good shot and he cut me,’ Pavlik said.

'I couldn’t see. It was like a whiteout in my right eye. I could still see punches, but he fought a smart fight, doubling on the left hand. He’d throw a left, I’d block it, and he’d throw another one.

'He wasn’t hurting me or nothing, but he was catching me with punches, and it looked bad.

'There’s nothing you can do about that

pavlik looked poor puke he was well bet he only won rds 5/6/7 martinez took over from there and if he had a bit more power proably would have stopped him,martinez is only a light middleweight by the way

Check out the Lucian Bute fight from last night also, great KO in the 3rd, right after his opponent tried to goad him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzjP6cRmCIg

bute looks the buisness great uppercut,the only thing is most of the big names at 168 are busy in the super six,id like to see him fight chad dawson but he talked about hopkins last night

great fight with kesseler and frock last night proably fight of the year so far

mayweather v mosley on sky sports 1 tonight…Can’t see Mayweather being beaten

i put 100 on the draw with pp last month i hope the good mosley shows up

My link Good article from hauser on mayweather here

What did you make of the Froch/Kessler fight a few weeks ago Massey? A great fight especially the last round, I had a few pound at 7/4 on Kessler to win on points at 7/4. I fully expect Froch to beat Abraham when they meet on points too and will have a decent bet at that. Abraham will not ko Froch and get outworked easily in my opinion.

i thought it was a good hard fight as good as ive seen in a while froch left it behind him really by easing off in the mid/late rds kessler was there for the taking,id say one of the yanks will win it they seem to have too much movement for the europeans who are very straight forward id leaning toward andre ward at the minute,abraham scored a lovely ko of dirrell :lol: froch should beat abraham if he fights every round and doesnt let up the pressure

Dirrell is excellent I think Massey, I hope he can come back okay from that bad ko. He was robbed against Froch too. I haven’t seen Ward myself but he’s the one everyone is raving about. I think there’s another guy in it I haven’t seen too but his name escapes me.