Boxing Thread

Morales wins it with a stoppage in the 6th…

Anyone watch the magnificent 7 last night…Heard Macklin won a tough contest…

I see Andy Lee won Friday night and talk is that he will get a title shot early next year…

Anyone know where I could see a repeat of Enzo Macranelli being knocked to the canvass last night, heard it was a dinger of a punch…not on youtube yet

Big Bang V Kiko Martinez
UL
6th November

It’s going to be mega.

[quote=“The Runt, post: 17121”]
Big Bang V Kiko Martinez
UL
6th November

It’s going to be mega.
[/quote]This fight will be fortunate to get to the second round,Big bang will do it.

Just watching it here on sky, some fucking dig, how the ref let him continue after he got up I will never know, his legs were like jelly…got put back on his hole 5 seconds later

Ken Egan will make his first appearance for Miami in the revolutionary World Series of Boxing in November.

The Olympic silver medallist and 10-time Irish senior champion has signed a three-year contract with the USA based side and comes up against Los Angeles in his first bout.

Los Angeles, Miami, Mexico City and Memphis make up the Americas WSB contingent and will battle home and away in the Series. Four teams from Asia and four from Europe will also compete in the corresponding WSB.

Each team will have six matches and they will have five different divisions of Bantam -(54kg), Light (61kg), Middle (73kg), Light Heavy (85kg) and Heavy (91kg). The top three teams from each confederation will qualify for the finals.

Egan, who is presently with the Elite Irish Senior squad in Belfast training with the Ulster team, said that he sees the World Series as a positive new direction in his career.

‘I’m looking forward to competing at the World Series for Miami,’ said the three-time European Union light-heavyweight champion. 'I feel it will help to improve me as a boxer and I welcome the challenge.

‘The World Series of Boxing season will be running over a few months beginning in November, but I’ll be defending my Irish title at the National Stadium in Dublin in February. My Irish senior title is very important to me, especially with the Olympic qualifiers coming up.’

Egan will come under the guidance of Irish-American coach Patrick Burns with Miami. Burns was coach to Team USA at the 1996 Olympics and also coached former Irish senior champion John Duddy in the professional ranks.

Boxers taking part in the WSB will compete over five, three minute rounds - as opposed to three, three minute rounds in the traditional amateur code - and will not wear protective head gear or vests. The scoring system favoured in professional boxing will be used to decide bouts.

Boxers competing in the WSB will not lose their Olympic status. The World Series of Boxing, which is fully endorsed by AIBA, will also feature an Individual Championships in which Olympic places will be up for grabs. Individual Championships bouts will be contested over seven, three minute rounds.

murray gettin in some decent shots here

Audley Harrison would really sicken your shit…

Vladimir Klitschko called David Haye a coward and a liar in an interview tonight.
:popcorn:

Could somebody kindly bump this thread when the Casey-Hyland fight is about to get under way?

Thank you.

This should be great.
I hope Willie bates the head off him.

This Willie “bang bang” Casey comes across as awfully common…

I’d say the best fighting tonight could outside afterwards.

hopefully hyland wins- he is a massive hoop

scum

limerick people seem a little rough around the edges

What the fuck is the poppy doing in that ring? Fuck’s sake.

Casey constantly references Munster RUF in his interviews so it’s not a difficult decision as to who to support.

shocking disregard for the national anthem being shown by them limerick chavs :angry: