Boxing Thread

is there any fight on after or is that the main one? what are they going to do for the next hour? talk about 2 minutes of a beating?

That was as bad as the Klitschko fight. In fairness there was a big bang when he hit the canvas.

Brian Magee fights for one of the super middle weight belts later tonight also.

What the fuck is Jimmy McGee on?

In the past 5 minutes he has come out with:

1. “Oh, Casey has been caught with another one of those left hands to the body [some seconds later when he realises he was hit in the head] this time in the head”
  2. “Casey got caught by a Tsunami tonight called Rigondeaux” Given the couple of weeks that are in it, an especially poor choice of words.
  3. “Casey gave up his European title to take this fight, but the reality is all that has happened is Casey has lost a fight” Ah, he gave up a European title to get his arse handed to him. He lost more than a fight.

He also said there was " a pair of willies " in the ring. Ivan Yeats interviewed him on Newstalk a few weeks ago and he said he didn’t believe that Michelle Smith was on drugs that time before adding and if she was, what harm. Can’t understand why RTE still employ him.

yeah ,usual tripe from him

surely caseys marketability is finished now

BLB, get thee to the UFC thread.

He’s a great character but he never has a notion what’s actually happening in the fight. I wouldn’t begrudge him the night out though.

+1

they are all on drugs - its just like taking vitamins

i dont see a problem in it

Jimmy could do with taking a few of them himself…

+1

Do what they did when Martinez beat Dunne

It’s his stock line. When the FAI representative XI lost to Italy in 1990 it was" All they’ve lost is a match". When they lost to Holland in 1994 he said that “Ireland have not lost”, and proceeded to waffle on about winning friends. Strange that, I must have imagined those two Dutch goals. No point saying that it’s time for him to give it up, he’s been coming out with the same guff for as long as I can remember.

Your man went lerk after the ref stopped the fight before Caseys.
Started shoving the ref and everything.

Crazy shit there on the undercard. Referee getting a few pushes. Stopped very early it must be said.

shades of Paul Griffin at the Barcelona Olympics

A sad day for travellers.

Every day is a sad one for those vile filthy cunts.

An excellent Super Middleweight Prizefighter competition tonight.

The final is coming up now on Sky Sports.

Rocky won 32 grand for about 5 minutes work. Not bad going. Shame the final was a non-event.