Boxing Thread

Horse racing is worse i’d say.

A decent fight nearly broke out there for a finish. 20 quid to watch that farce.

Horsey activities are probably more corrupt.

That’s is an outrageous accusation to make.
Horse racing is a sport of the highest integrity.

That’s is an outrageous accusation to make.
Horse racing is a sport of the highest integrity.

Don’t ask the question if you’re not going to respect the answer.

I asked if boxing was the most corrupt game going, the answer was a simple yes or no, not an opportunity for yourself and Bandage to launch a tirade against horse racing.

:lol: :rolleyes:

Sorry, mate. In hindsight, I was out of order.

No problem mate. At least you’ve admitted that, unlike the other fella, who is digging his heels in and refusing to apologise.

Why do people still fork out for these PPP boxing matches. The last few have been total disasters.

I’m not sure how many forked out for that one tonight Runt. It was originally sold to Sky but they said the undercard wasn’t good enough for PPV so they said they’d put it on normal Sky Sports subscription. Promoters (Khan, Hatton and Goldenboy) didn’t like that deal so sold it to some low profile PPV crowd instead.

It’s generally believed, though denied by Khan, that he made a chunky loss from the fight as a result.

I was wondering why Sky didn’t have it. It was being advertised fairly heavily over in the states for HBO.

Watched a replay of it there, even though he’d lost the first 5 rounds, it didn’t seem to have taken much out of McCloskey, and with all the punches Kahn had been throwing he could have been more vulnerable as the fight went on.

This boxing lark has been a joke since the days when Tyson, Lewis and Holyfield ruled. The only match of real excitement since those days has been Mayweather v Hatton. Now, the sport is dominated by the Limerick boxers such as Lee and big bang…

Watching a recording of Ali Frazier 1971 here. Super stuff

Any one give Mosley a hope against against the Pacman tonight

Mosley has always possessed great power and hand speed so he will always be dangerous. He proved that much against Mayweather, but he is 39 now and a shadow of his best. I’d expect a landslide points victory for Pacquiao or a late stoppage. But underestimate Mosley at your peril.

Considering whether to get up to watch it at 4am.

Mosley is 9/1. Worth a punt at that I think.

Have a cheeky fiver on him at 12’s on betfair to win via KO.

Anyone watching Prizefighter ?

“The Fighting Pride of Cork”, Mike Perez has qualified for the final

In a good position too mate, harldy wasted any energy enroute to the final.

Well worth a punt Mr T. I reckon the Pacman will hit the floor tonight.