Boxing Thread

Darren Sutherland would have stuffed either fighter.

Groves got it but my stream went dead for the scorecard?

Doesn’t get much closer than that.

One judge had it 115 each, two judges had it 115-114 to Groves

I only watched the last 5 rounds but on a stream without sound.

Was it a split decision?

Edit: Thanks Sid - score posted above as I typed original post.

Agreed, Sutherland was far more suited to the pro boxing. Far more agression and power than either on show tonight.

Degale deserves to be shot. A cowardly fight.

groves beats degale. judges had it 15-15, 15-14, 15-14. i thought groves just deserved it, great credit to his camp, they got their tactics spot on.

Probably be a rematch soon, Sky need their balls towed if they try and put this on box office again.

I said the exact same thing to a buddy of mine during the week, very sad really. He would have knocked 7 shades of shit out of both of these soft cunts.

Biggest tragedy in Irish sporting history.

Agreed. The ‘set to’ between them in the press conference the other day was a rather embarrassing charade aimed at drumming up more sales.

What’s the background to their feud anyway? I see Warren seems to be with the loser and Haye promoting Groves - is that right?

Booth is a great tactician in fairness. The English Freddie Roach if you will. I’d imagine Degale will be blaming his camp in the coming weeks and moving to a high profile trainer.

spot on mr. totti

Boxed out of the same gym since they were little, never got on, Groves beat Degale in the amateurs, Degale went onto win gold at the olympics - claimed Groves lived out of his shadow…bla…bla…bla.

Always loved Jim Watt’s commentary since the days of “The Big Fight” on ITV with Reg Gutteridge but christ British boxing is shit these days.

Groves lady is very pretty.

http://www.boxingfutures.com/sites/default/files/bbbofc-awards-4.jpg

She looked better tonight but still alright for a ginger chap with the worst collection of tattoos you are likely to see.

Hint of a moustache, which isn’t ideal.

True. What is it with Adam Booth boxers and hairy women?

Bernard Hopkins has become the oldest fighter to ever hold a World championship belt after beating Jean Pascal on a unanimous points decision

Well done to the 46 year old B-Hop