Boxing Thread

didn’t see it all, but going by ye guys some judges had it madly wrong, 4 rounds win for Styrm. He was sheer class in what i saw though.

Im sick after that,whatever about losing it’s a fucking insult by two judges to give it to Strum by 4 rounds!!! :o joke.

Watched on the Samsung Galaxy, savage scrap. Some comeback in fairness.

Richie Woodhall is seething

A split decision loss in Germany tells its own story. Macklin would have got that anywhere apart from Germany.

[quote=“Mr. Totti, post: 17482”]
A split decision loss in Germany tells its own story. Macklin would have got that anywhere apart from Germany.
[/quote]I know man but still that’s a sickener! in saying that if it comes down to it I hope that cunt Haye gets the same raw deal next week!

I don’t know lads, if it was just work rate that gave Macklin most of the early rounds and Strum hit a few good shots and avoided any decent ones he could have garnered draws. I didn’t get where the judges were from but at least one sounded Latin American, they would be looking at completely different things to what us Western Europeans would be. Sturm was completely the better fighter for 3 if not 4 of the last rounds, i only got 5.

I must say i like David Haye wyt, whats your issue with him?

Is it he’s black or English or both?

[quote=“caoimhaoin, post: 17484”]
I don’t know lads, if it was just work rate that gave Macklin most of the early rounds and Strum hit a few good shots and avoided any decent ones he could have garnered draws. I didn’t get where the judges were from but at least one sounded Latin American, they would be looking at completely different things to what us Western Europeans would be. Sturm was completely the better fighter for 3 if not 4 of the last rounds, i only got 5.
[/quote]Fuck it lets forget this shit it’s all about the big one next week anyway!

Seeing as I completely forgot about the fight and only tuned in in time for the decision :rolleyes: I can’t say myself but Woodhall and Johnny Nelson were absolutely adamant Macklin had won by 2 rounds. Very bad luck on the Tipp Brummie.

Macklin completely dominated the first half of the fight Kevin. The judges seemed to give Sturm the benefit of any tight round going. It was close but Macklin didn’t deserve to lose. After the farce in the McCloskey fight, this is yet another bitter pill to swallow for the Irish boxing fans.

[quote=“caoimhaoin, post: 17485”]
I must say i like David Haye wyt, whats your issue with him?

Is it he’s black or English or both?
[/quote]It’s his attitude Kev I can’t stand it,whatever about trying to hype a fight I have no respect for a man who refuses to shake hands with his opponent,furthermore he has beaten a load of overweight cans and freaks! he will be found out next week.

Both for me

:lol:

At least you’re honest DB.

I haven’t seen any build up or anything so if he’s not shaking thats bull shit, but generally he doesn’t bother me at all, and at least he has some skills.

Thats my point though, our perception of dominating a fight is different to others. It looked to me that the fight panned out exactly the way Strum expected it to and wanted it to.

Bandage had given a round to Sturm early on and drew one. Its always handy to write down the rounds (if your a nerd like me) while watching, as you won’t look back and say “well he dominated the first 6 rounds, thats 6-0” when in fact at the time you probably thought it was 3-4 round lead. And thats not even allowing for the home towners, the different way people view fights etc.

Too much “we were robbed” stuff in Ireland. Don’t give the judges the chance to get it wrong.

This wasn’t a case of that Kevin. Macklin was completely on top for the first 6 rounds, I would have given them all to him, but the ones that were in anyways even in the fight were obviously handled to the home fighter. Sturm got the benefit of being the home fighter and the champion. He got the close rounds which could have gone either way. When scoring fights alot of people tend to do it in respect to how they think the judges will score it - I remember Jim Watt having Valuev beating Haye comfortably - simply because he felt the judges would give the decision the home fighter.

Macklin was much more comprehensive in the rounds he won tonight. Sturm was outworked in all of the 12 rounds and in only a handful of those rounds did he show enough quality.

Hope Macklin gets another crack somewhere down the line, although time is against him now.

I had Sturm definitely winning Round 3 and Round 4 tied. I had another tied round in there somewhere too and Macklin two rounds up by the end of Round 7. He won Round 8 too but Sturm certainly won the last 4 rounds in my book and I had him winning it by a Round. It was never a 4 Round win for Sturm but I don’t think him winning it was scandalous or anything.

I can’t say much more. Bandage, an Irishman and clear supporter of Matthew Macklin gave a round and a half to Sturm, says alot. Think you are overly biased Totti, as well as the fact that you are choosing to completely ignore the fact that different judges (usually along geographical lines) look for different things.

Reading Boxing forums some punters had the first 5 rounds only 3-2 to MM. Having seen the last 5 he was beaten 4-1 in them. No controversy here, just lost to the better fighter we’ll have to accept.

On the Amateurs, that Ward lad is going to be a star, a world star. Amazing talent.

ah I’m only jesting kev. Don’t like Haye due to his arrogance. I know alot of it is pre fight hype bullshit but even when he’s on chat shows etc I feel he comes across as a right twat.

Looking ahead to the fight next week, I feel Haye will jab and run and try to nick it on points but I feel Wlad will be too strong for him and will force a late stoppage.

Wlad has been on a charm offensive since the fight was announced and I think he has got into Haye’s head a bit by not getting into a war of words with him at the press conferences.

Haye looked uncomfortable, scared even, at those conferences, especially the London one.

With just under a week to go, I say Wlad by TKO in rounds 10-12