Boxing Thread

Big Bang is back this weekend too

He’ll kill him i’d say Totti. Watched a bit of Ortiz recently and he’s very wild after his 2nd or 3rd punch. Mayweather will make a clown of that shite.

He’s a prick (Mayweather), but a likable prick, if that makes any sense? :huh:

Ortiz is an exciting fighter with big, big power but you’re right in that Mayweather should have too much speed, smarts and technical skills for him.

I used to like Mayweather but some of the stuff he’s done out of the ring like battering his ex-wife make it hard to like him. However I do find him very entertaining and some of his pre-fight wind up stuff very funny and there’s no doubting he’s one the most skilled fighters I’ve seen in my lifetime.

It’s also difficult to guage how good Mayweather will be after a long time away. He does seem to keep himself in very good shape but he’s extremely reliant on his reflexes and he is 34 now.

Anyone watch this :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NSE0r8wXNc

:lol:

Good man Floyd.

fucking hell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s49gr-Hmn80

How did willie casey get on last night?

Why did the ref not disqualify Mayweather, that is simply bizarre. Thats as uncontrolled as i have seen Mayweather, and to talk to the commentator like that no matter what the issue was is wrong and unprofessional.

Totti i didn’t realise he’d beaten his wife (or ex), fuck him, he’s a complete cunt so.

Always keep your guard up Kevin. It’s the first thing you’re taught in boxing. Mayweather broke no rule, bit unsporting maybe but not illegal. McCloskey knocked out Guiseppe Lauri in a European title fight in a similar manner.

You are right about keeping your guard up, but the ref had separated the fighters, so its a disqualification. You are not allowed to box when the referee has stopped the fight.

Now maybe the rules are different in Vegas, but i doubt it.

Ah it was very unsporting, especially the second blow. Real lack of class from Mayweather but nothing new there I suppose. The headbutt was ridiculous as well of course.

Anyone got a link for the Andy Lee fight

Lee plants Vera on his hole at the end of the second .

Lee opens up a big cut over Veras left eye in the fourth. With his head.

What channel is it on RTT?

Sky sports 1

Just found it. Sky Go is a great job. He’s doing well enough I take it from the highlights?

Looks a good fight, both boxers getting stuck in, Vera has nearly cornered Lee on occasions but he’s got out of trouble well.

The Olympic hopefuls doing us proud again, 5 out of 5 so far, with more to come. I expect all our boxers to qualify for London in some shape or fashion, that really would be something else.

They are free scoring in Turkey as well, all hitting 15-16 plus points.