Boxing Thread

Bernard. :clap:

Froch should let the bird in for a round.

Froch hasn’t improved one bit since I last seen him a couple of years ago against Taylor. Wild, awkward, slow and flat footed.

Jim Watt has given two rounds to Froch. :rolleyes:

Hard to say whether Ward is really that good, or if Froch is really that bad.

He did improve, but Ward is far superior to Taylor.

Ward is pretty good in fairness. Himself and Sergio would be a good fight.

Froch is awful though. He’s got a great chin, a big heart and big power but his boxing skills are fucking primitive.

That should be 120-108 on all scorecards you’d imagine.

Might give him one of the later rounds. Sky giving him four!

Jim Watt has it 117-112. :rolleyes:

There wasn’t even any of those rounds close.

Fucking hell those judges are on crack.

Two scored in 115-113. :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

115-113 on two of the cards! That’s a fucking joke. As dominant a display as you’ll see without someone hitting the canvas.

Those two judges should be stricken. Ridiculous stuff.

Very gracious from Froch at the end. Khan could learn a thing or two.

alot of talk pre fight about biased judges etc from the Froch camp. Might have had an influence.

I like the way the tone of the Sky comments suggests that beating Froch tonight is what makes Ward a p4p superstar. This a guy who’s been on the Ring’s top 10 p4p list for months.

best off ignoring most boxing commentators, the yanks are as bad in other ways as well for the most part. But the Brits are best with the excuses, some unbelievable stuff.

I never listen to the analysis on sky, but their commentary is normally pretty good. Last night it wasn’t. There was no blow by blow commentary at all which is what they’re normally good at. Maybe this was because Froch was landing fuck all for most of the fight. Had a look at the compubox stats actually, and Froch had a fairly miserable 23% connect rate, Ward’s was 42%. That +19 shows just how dominant he was. Not quite Mayweather country but still very impressive.