Brexit a dó

Who’d have thunk it that Brexit would have sunk it.

Boris has made anemone for life here.

3 Likes
1 Like

England isn’t in Europe anymore

It is mate.

Honestly, I’d say most folk in Anglesey and hollyhead are pleased at the traffic reduction. I’ve travelled that way loads of times and the only thing I’ve ever bought is McDonalds.
Occasionally would go to rhosneiger for lunch on the way back, but that’s full of the Cheshire set anyway.

Holyhead is the most rundown place I have ever had the misfortune to spend an hour

4 Likes

It’s better than it used to be from what I’ve seen. It’s a lot lot nicer than swathes of northern England. You should go to, well, anywhere along the M62.
Grim.

Jesus - no . In 2019 I was there for an hour waiting on a ferry and went up the town for a walk . It was near derelict

25 years ago it wasn’t too bad

1 Like

To be honest, I’m only basing my assumptions on the view from the boat, and the fact that McDonalds is open there now.
There’s a nice restaurant/bar with a nautical air about it in rhosneiger though. Worth a visit if you’ve time to kill. Nice walk along the sand dunes also.

https://www.oystercatcheranglesey.co.uk/

This place.

1 Like

I passed through Crewe once, now that place is grim

Again, there’s a lot worse. All you’d ever do in Crewe is pass through it though, change trains at worst.

Holyhead is grim and the locals are an interesting mix. There’s nicer places on Anglesey if you ever away from the A55.

There’s actually some absolutely fabbalus places on Anglesey

Spent a day at Newborough Beach & Forest there a couple of years back. Lovely part of the world.

1 Like

It is a beautiful part of the world In fairness.

That’s the nicest part of it. It’s deserted in winter. Great for running.

1 Like

Another mugging off for the EU and this Sefkovic óinseach

1 Like