Brexit hub

We took a right instead of going straight on when we got to the traffic lights at Newlands Cross

:joy::joy::joy:

RTÉ: ‘Fair City will not be outsourced’ - but fall in income is down to Brexit and ‘difficult decisions’ to be made

As long as folk get €400k to review the papers on a Saturday and Sunday …

4 Likes

Donald Tusk sticks it to the Brits

Threasa May has lost her appeal to the Supreme Court and now needs to seek cabinet approval to trigger article 50.

4 Likes

It’s time to just pretend that auld vote never happened, drown Farrage and move on with life.

3 Likes

Outstanding. She will do well to stay in office whatever happens.
If she rams it through, the 48% who voted remain will never forgive her, and, I suspect they will actually register their disapproval at the next election.
I suspect she knew she would lose this though.
I waver between thinking she has a cunning plan,and thinking she is utterly clueless.

Even Labour MP’s have said they are reluctant to vote against the will of the people though. It should still go through.

UK government does not have to consult devolved adminstrations before triggering article 50, court rules.

“Neuberger says that the Sewell Convention, which says that normally Scotland has to give legislative consent to any legislation at Westminster affecting devolved matters, is a convention, ie not law) and not within the jurisdiction of the court.”

Ooofftt. Take that ye servile fucks

2 Likes

Being consulted is a ‘convention’ :grin:

If that isn’t degrading I don’t know what is.

1 Like

A little playhouse to humour the Scot’s is all it is.

The Scots are going to be absolutely outraged at this…And then will do exactly as they are told.

Any nation that likes Irn Bru is beyond hope.

@RaymondCrotty will be absolutely seething . I’d say he spat out his shortcake when he heard the news.

6 Likes

What difference does it really make . Parliament won’t vote against . The government should never have appealed .

I wonder will the Scots have an avenue of appeal to the European Court.
As an aside, I suspect it will get through alright, but may well be softened. May and the tories as the figureheads will carry the can and get decimated at the next election if the lib dems can muster any credible candidates, and run on a pro EU ticket.
I think Teresa and the tories are playing with matches here.

1 Like

They can, as I understand it, vote against the nature of the proposed brexit, which they may do, rather than brexit in principle.

Is it cabinet approval or House of Commons approval?

HoC