BREXIT thread

Fair enough. But think about the point – the point point, so to speak.

Needless to add, I know yer man is only a glove puppet for acrylic itches.

Aye, the rest of us were wondering about that tight enough

Its nights like this you’d miss @Sidney

4 Likes

Ah yeah, I leave nothing undrawn…

A sentence I would much prefer to be using in the whisky thread…

Ah but you wouldn’t.

1 Like

The UN :joy: Are you having a fucking laugh?

The UN, who’s sole preoccupation is with the Israeli / Palestinian conflict, while how many were slaughtered in Rwanda and Dafur? The UN who continued to recognize the Kymer Rouge as the legitimate government of Cambodia in 1994, 15 years after they had slaughtered 2.5 million? The UN who claim Israel to be the worst offender on women’s rights, while ignoring genital mutilation and no age limit regarding consensual sex across Africa, ignoring Saudi Arabia where women are beaten for not wearing the proper clothing? The UN that has declared 44 human rights resolutions against Israel, but not one against China or Russia? The UN that elected fucking Libya to head the Human Rights Council?

Get up the yard.

3 Likes

The beatification of the EU? It’s far far far from perfect.

Also a better analogy would be star wars

1 Like

No move needed.

I was making a general point about dynamics, not a paean to the UN. I am well aware of the UN’s delinquencies, same as I am no fan of the EU in several regards. I am a pragmatist – a mammalian pragmatist, so to speak.

Your implicit point is that you would be happy with the UN if it had made different decisions. So you agree with my point, that point more carefully considered. My core point is that you cannot throw all the straws into the air and expect them to land as a lovely new castle.

Some loyalist called Jamie Bryson worth a look on Twitter.

Throw up some shit there.

He’s the lad who gave peter Robinson’s name to Mick Wallace over Nama scandal that time. A pure scrote

‘Beatification’ is your rhetoric, not mine. The EU , for all its faults, is better than the 50 year alternative (JR-M) or the ten year alernative (AL). Such is my point, which is actually small beer – but palatable enough, amid the foaming bitternesses.

I would be happy with the UN if they actually addressed the core causes of social injustice and appalling human rights violations that occur in many of their member states, and they have nothing to do with Steve Bannon or the deceased Ms Rand.

Here’s a prescient reply

And there we largely agree, as I said.

Part of my point – which I still hold entirely accurate – is that Steve Bannon et al and your run of the mill Ayn Rand devotees believe in doing away with all such institutions as the EU and the UN. Is this gloss not a fair account of a particular animus, whatever the demerits of the EU and the UN, which I freely acknowledge?

Will she fall on her sword if this passes?
She fucking should and throw 2 fingers at all the rest of the twats as she leaves.

That only works if she moves to Brussels as well

Patricia McKenna is an awful geebag.

Oh that would be good, that would get her alright sort status.

We have already called this. They have no choice. They accept this deal or they have nothing and start stockpiling medicines.

This gives them a fig leaf of a future exit from customs union which will never happen. A fig leave if you will.

1 Like