BREXIT thread

Have you missed the last 30 months?

1 Like

don’t be a dick please

Have the “No dogs, blacks or Irish” signs started going back up yet?

Is this the week that the EU and the UK shaft Paddy?

yeah look i have no doubt there are some very decent ppl living in NI - no one is questioning that and it is not the item for discussion here so that interjection is not value added - we need to be specific on the subject matter and the character of the inhabitants was never brought into question by me at least.

The discussion centers around the concept of merging Ireland with NI - and yes i stand over the belief that it would be an absolute disaster for the Irish economy.

look our esteemed fiend @blackspot makes a case for someone who clearly thinks it would also be a very bad thing for Northern Ireland also - and i can only go with what he says there but that is not of my concern.

i am concerned with adding an absolute basketcase, dysfunctional entity (NI) to a a state that is struggling with housing and health to name but two and that i and all tax payers here ( bar @caoimhaoin as @carryharry claims) are propping up with already exorbitant taxes.
i cannot in any way see any benefit in adding Northern Ireland to this
i am willing to listen to reasons for this motion- if they exist

3 Likes

Paddy is well able to shaft himself.

You have to love how people are utterly hoodwinked into letting the ‘market’ dictate life :rofl: - Of course, the perpetrators here are merely trying to be their usual ‘edgy’ self and dressing it up as being earnest – a great ‘tactic’ that was even rolled out during the recent passing of a forum member… proper internetting so it is.

1 Like

Whilst i do agree with you i think given the fact that a majority in NI are against it one can’t just take a blunt attitude like that with the region and it is that attitude unfortunately that causes conflict and division

The bottom line is that the political representatives of those who predominantly voted to remain do not take their seats in government … FFS they cannot even sit down together in Belfast to talk about it

Brexit means Brexit yes but as you know what you have an area of the UK that is 50/50 nationalist / unionist , it would be unfair and frankly ridiculous to take that line here , im in agreement with the backstop BTW and think what Teresa May has right now is as reasonable as you will get really for prosperity in the area

The solution certainly is not to merge this part of the UK with ireland , that is insanity from an economic and social point of view in ireland and can only cause conflict in northern ireland

– I struggle to see any viable reason for Ireland or NI as to why or how this could be to anyone’s benefit really

1 Like

If loyalist scumbags are blowing up Dublin, Cork and Limerick, murdering 1000’s the pretend IRA lads will know about it

the last thing sfira want is a united Oireland.
all the free money they are getting from the british which is basically made up jobs and some money given to them in return for them stopping killing people and robbing banks etc

its no wonder sfira have nothing to say about brexit or the border, sure they havent a notion what its all about anyway but they wouldnt want the current setup compromised. it would mean no brit money and it would mean real jobs with the big boys down south.

1 Like

The lamps are going out all over Europe, we shall not see them lit again in our lifetime.

3 Likes

Winter is coming.

They’ll be lighting actual lamps again in the UK if they keep going they way they are.

1 Like

The long night is coming and the dead come with it

Aliens are behind Brexit … I knew it.

2 Likes

Illegal Aliens

1 Like

Paddy gets all his gas and electricity from the UK, he’d do well to remember that

Is Farage still an MEP?

yes

10 billion a year it costs to pay the cavemen to stop killing each other, is the free state going to foot that bill all of a sudden?