BREXIT thread

Fiona Bruce’s has been reasonably competent in the anchor’s chair. A welcome relief from that old codger David Dimbleby.

Aye. It’s about time a reasonably competent person got a big job

I withdraw that comment, actually. It must have been at one of the points of the programme when I was still dazzled by Euphemia’s extravagant hair extensions.

Interestingly, the widespread narrative at the moment that Labour have fallen behind in the polls appears to be untrue. They’re leading in three of the last four polls. The Tories only lead in one of the last five.

1 Like

:roll_eyes:

Hammond let the cat out of the bag the other day. The pretence that voters shape so called democracies is just that - a pretence.
The betrayal is in full swing now to cancel Brexit. The disconnect between ordinary people and their elected representatives is so vast now it staggers me that people wonder why Trump and Brexit succed

As has been said repeatedly about the need for immigrants.

Either radically reduce the State size in the West or we will continue to require immigrants. It is not sustainable.

A sensible immigration policy is key to any sustainable economy. Norway, although a superbly run country, is likely not a favored location for many immigrants, especially if you like a bit of warmth and sunshine.

A lot of English cities are grossly overpopulated, cramming more people in just creates more problems. The lack of planning by successive governments (especially the Blair government) in the UK on immigration is the #1 reason for Brexit, along with obviously the neglect of areas outside London.

1 Like

Planning is anti-capitalist and anti-libertarian. It’s amazing how you go all statist when brown people are involved.

It’s also amazing how the areas with more immigrants voted against Brexit and those with sod all voted for it.

Sort of drives a coach and horses through your back of a stamp “thesis”.

Read Fintan O’Toole’s book and learn a bit.

1 Like

Will you ever grow up to the extent that your debating skills extend beyond calling people you disagree with racists?

Fintan O’Toole is a stickie fuckwit (probably like yourself if I had to wager). I wouldn’t wipe my arse with his book, I’ve read enough of his shite over the years in the Irish Times.

3 Likes

I didn’t mention the words racism or racist once there. You’re very touchy.

That’s the sort of shit response I expected, but thanks for fulfilling my low expectations of it all the same.

Anders Behring Breivik, who murdered 77 people in Norway, received a maximum sentence of 21 years. A well run country indeed.

Crazy stuff,but he won’t see daylight, officially he will do his time,but a padded cell will be future

Don’t tell me the stickies are about here,I’m back to stickies free boards if that’s the case,unless I’m thrown out of here first.

I’d imagine that’s the reason @anon7035031 thinks it’s a well run country.

However, the reality is that Mr. Breivik will never be released, and rightly so.

2 Likes

Correct

Sorry for interrupting the war lads,but have to point out :yum: bloody enjoyable

What was your reference to “brown people” about then?

1 Like

Ah lads,fcuk me ,harts war , neverending

It’s very telling that you’re so pernickety about objecting to accusations of racism, yet so lax about actual racism.

I wonder could there be a connection between the latter and the former?