BREXIT thread

There isn’t much evidence it is a deterrent, other than obviously for the individual executed.

I would be opposed to the death penalty except for the most heinous crimes, where there is no doubt about guilt. I think there is a line beyond which you don’t deserve the privilege of life, for example someone who kidnaps, rapes and murders a child. Someone like that doesn’t deserve to live. Same with psychopathic mass murderers.

They didn’t. They bailed us out. We screwed ourselves. If you travel the eu properly, you realise just how wealthy we are. We don’t need eu money to make a united Ireland work, we need them not to look too closely into our multinational tax arrangements. As a country we have so much going for us. Ireland could actually do with Belfast, simply as a site to diversify out of Dublin too. It could and should be a huge success.

5 Likes

I was shocked by some of the polls in the Republic on this a while back. Like the Scots, many folk are happy to sing teary eyed rebel songs, but wouldn’t pay a bit of extra tax for it
Here’s a question though, if Ireland reunifies in the next decade, with a democratic mandate, would you expect a long running terrorist campaign from the unionists? In truth, its impossible to see what they could hope to achieve, but we’re not dealing with normal people here, any more than the likes of any an all involved in the likes of the omagh bomb.

Ref loyalists they never ran a campaign , british intelligence did,when things were too quiet, Dublin/ Monaghan ,billy Wright/ mid Ulster sectarian murders were backed by intelligence , advised,and went so far as to tell them the routes to take ,waved some through army/ UDR checkpoints , loyalists militants have never been able to mount any campaign by themselves.

I think this is one issue the forum can agree on, pump investment into Belfast and at last have 2 strong cities in Ireland

1 Like

Derry

2 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

Those English cunts responding are in need of a history lesson.

1 Like

Theres 70 odd million. Half of them are brexiteers. All of that half are cunts.

1 Like

Paddy only does as his master in Brussels directs. The only time they told Brussels to fcuk off was when they were offered 14bn euro.

3 Likes

55 million English.

In the event of a hard Brexit, the obvious answer is not just a United Ireland but a reunification of the Gaels. Build the bridge from NI to Scotland, and a big fucking wall to keep the English and Welsh cunts out. England should pay for both.

I hate the scotch

3 Likes

I’d have nothing to do with those cowardly scotch.

The Scoti originated in Ireland mate, OK you can argue they are the dregs but they are still Gaels.

Yes, but the oil and gas are worth having.
And the whisky.

1 Like

The more I think of it, it’s an exceptional idea.

A critical mass population of 12 million, four decent sized cities, common language and culture, economic powerhouse, sporting superpower, dominate the whisky/whiskey market.

1 in 8 come from Irish stock

Glasgow is brilliant. I love the jocks. They are the finest, apart from the alisdairs, and the privately educated suburb dwellers who wear kilts at weddings in England. They are utter wankers.

Stay out of the whiskey thread so.

1 Like