BREXIT thread

Right up to date. Admirably sharp and original piece (with an interesting glancing reference to Fintan O’Toole):

https://www.lrb.co.uk/2019/01/16/william-davies/leave-and-leave-again

This thread is worth reading.

The genius of the Leavers was in managing to get a referendum on an abstract idea with no flesh on bones whatsoever. There isn’t one real world version of Brexit that is popular, only the completely vague, abstract idea.

The leavers themselves had never had any idea at all how Leave could ever work in practice, and anything they came up with, they knew couldn’t work, and disliked.

Story in the Torygraph today that May wants to update the Good Friday Agreement and add wording that will assure the Oirish that Britain is committed to no hard border. As a way to avoid the backstop. Would have thought that both countries would have to agree to that.

The tory graph is so rabidly pro brexit, I tend not to take anything it says about brexit at face value, as there is always an angle. It’s a shame, as it actually has had a very good track record in foreign journalism (I think it employed the highest number of foreign correspondents outside the nyt), but it’s just become a rag for the golf club brexiteers.

1 Like

Not a hope

This is why the EU is good for Ireland. You couldn’t let Irish politicians run the country without some oversight.

Yes, it sure is. Funny enough, I put up same thread yesterday on Twitter myself, having come across it via Kevin O’Rourke (a top flight academic who has just published what seems to be a devastating account of Brexit).

I saw that. I don’t believe it to be true. It just goes to show the utter arseholes that are out there in terms of ‘journalists’.

Their strategy is shifting to lean on the Irish.

She’d better get leaning quick :joy:
Beware the cornered rat all the same.

giphy%20(13)

7 Likes

Cracker

The Poles are looking to sell us out.

Backstop trouble: first cracks in the EU’s solidarity with Ireland on Brexit

Fuck you @balbec

squared head swan eating cunts

4 Likes

Sorry pals. Mick the Muldoon suddenly realising he’s not the only one with a special relationship with the Brits.

Yep but we are the only ones that share a poxy border with them. The Poles need to mind their own business.

Fuck it. Worth it to see Leo squirm a bit

1 Like

It would be nice to see that cunt squirm but this sort of talk only give the Tories hope. This is the Tory strategy, cause enough problems until some the Member states say fuck this give them something so that they just fuck off. Hopefully the Polish foreign Minister is getting his ass handed to him now.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Mick the Muldoon will be sold down the river by Europe