BREXIT thread

that terminology is a bit suspect too. You have the Kingdom of Kerry and the Royals of Meath. You’d think the Royals would live in the Kingdom.

Mexit might be next on the agenda

I think it’s the other way around. Sammy usually writes labane’s posts for him.

However I did like the way Sammy made very clear in his post that he is firmly anti-nuclear armed submarines. That’s almost Corbyn-esque.

Peace out, dude! Scrap Trident! Go CND!

That happened when Westmeath broke away.

Wexit?

Trident wielding :open_mouth: don’t tell me the Eurocrats have stolen the Brits missiles

Translated into a proddy accent it’s a belter

Dunuld Tusk wunce agun shows hus cuntunpt fur the 17.4 mullun people who voted to uscape the currupttttion of the EEEEEUUUUUUU and seek the purudise uf a free and pruspurus Kinnngdum

8 Likes

Has anyone ever posted this on here before?
https://blogs.ec.europa.eu/ECintheUK/euromyths-a-z-index/

A wonderful sum up of brit paranoia about Europe since the early 90’s.
Is it any wonder the thick cunts lapped up the shit they were fed during the referendum.

Eurocrats call time on light ale (Daily Mail 11 May 2005)
Bureaucrats in Brussels want to force British brewers to change the name of light ale. They claim drinkers could be misled into thinking the beer is a low-calorie or low-alcohol ‘lite’ drink… Opposing the move is London Tory MEP John Bowis, who said yesterday: “It is totally intolerable that a traditional British ale should be threatened by a piece of bureaucracy like this.”

Hands off our light ale (Daily Express 12 May 2005)
A battle was brewing in Brussels last night to protect the name of light ale from Euro-legislators. New laws are being drafted to crack down on misleading descriptions on food and drink labels. And the European Commission fears that the word “light” could suggest the product is less fattening. Conservative MEP John Bowis is leading moves to vote the plans down… “We are fighting this because light ale is likely to be caught in the net, even though the use of the word “light” in that case relates to the colour and character of the beer, not to any claims that it is less fattening.”

The term light ale refers to the colour of the beer – that’s why it is also known as pale ale as opposed to dark ale – and not its alcohol or calorie content. Thus, the Commission does not consider light ale to be a health or nutrition claim. In this particular case, however, it would be up to the British government to determine whether light ale fell within the scope of the legislation, still to be approved by member states (including the UK) and the European Parliament.

The European Commission is keen to ensure that consumers are better informed about the food and drink they buy, and are not misled by unscrupulous manufacturers who slap misleading slogans on their products. For example, the term “90% fat free” is misleading because it implies the product is low fat, when the fat content (10%) is in fact rather high. So, too, is the claim that a product will “reduce calorie intake” – especially if you then eat cake. These claims would indeed be banned under the proposal, while others, such as those indicating a product is good for your heart, will need be backed up scientifically, a move supported by industry and consumer groups alike.

I went through a few is all (there are so many) but the one where the Queen would have to get her own tea due to the staff having already worked a certain amount of hours in a week was the highlight so far.

1 Like

Those damn faceless Eurocrats will be forcing us to change the name of the Light Brigade next, innit.

Over my fackin’ dead body will I ever say “the Charge of the Pale Brigade”.

IPA’s will have to renamed as they are offence to Indians

1 Like

Its India Pale Ale, not Indian.
Theres a reason behind it.

1 Like

Named after two colonies. Nice.

Are the people from India not indians ?

Not necessarily

As the forums chief hipster beer drinker I’m well aware of that. Your India/Indian point is bizarre

Theyre really fucking seething on the mainland
:ronnyroar::ronnyroar:

Youve been badly caught out here.