BREXIT thread

So you are saying you want a Hard Border on the island of Ireland?

As hard as can be. Tan troops back manning it too…

Are you saying you want the Republic of Ireland to join the UK?

The brits won’t be manning the border . It will be our finest .

Ooooft

1 Like

Where was that said?

SF have been administering UK rule in Ireland though.

1 Like

I’m not sure about your “majority of nationalists do not want them them there” comment. The latest poll from a week ago polling Northern voters had 60% of them thinking Sinn Fein should take up their seats and only 21% think they shouldn’t. I haven’t seen the figures broken out by community but even on those numbers at best it is clear that nationalists are divided on it.

To answer your question why? To best represent the interests of Ireland and their constituents. At this point the DUP are wielding disproportionate influence and it could be somewhat curbed.

I’m glad from the rest of your little rant to see you’re rattled by it all though.

1 Like

I think that’s a fair point previously but at this stage with little degree of control from most of the parties in Westminster and effectively a free for all, I think that would be much less of a factor than before.

There’s no point Tallback. Choco has admitted he wants a hard Border in Ireland. The rest is all deflection from that.

He wants British soldiers back in Ireland. A volte face

He wants as hard a brexit as possible too, just to fuel his simplistic anti-brit fantasies - ignoring that it would screw over large amounts of his fellow Irishmen, North and South. The lad has been institutionalised away from economic reality all his life in soft university jobs etc. Easy to be playing the rastooler tough man when it’s not your job or wage at risk. That’s the way it’s gone I suppose.

Rattled because I gave a few home truths? Behave.

Brexit is an English problem, not an Irish one … Why should Irish citizens step into a foreign parliament to sort England’s problems out. I already said SF should make more efforts to get Stormont up and running - that’s where they belong, for now.

Have you not kept abreast of how the SNP have been treated over the last few months? You think SF would fare better?

1 Like

It is a British creation, including those who voted for it in the North. But it quite clearly is an Irish problem as well.

Calling out simplistic notions and then giving that guff.

Agreed it’s a Brit problem. They’re a shower of pricks - particularly the nasty side of English nationalism that’s emerging through.

It would be the funniest thing in the world watching them fall on their face and probably watching the union dissolve with it - apart from the fact it has significant implications for Ireland.

I think we should use every bit of influence we have, in Dublin, in Brussels, In Washington (see comments from Irish-American lobby recently) and also in London. Get the best deal for Ireland. Surely, any way that this can be achieved to fuck over the Brits would be something you could get behind.

1 Like

It’s an Irish problem because we are still dealing with the illegal actions of the tans when they divided this country in two. Not a fuck was given then, and after 30 odd years of murder and hate as a consequence of that illegal border - the fuckers still dont give a fuck now. The best thing that could happen to this island is unification and finally throw off English control/say into our affairs … I dont say that from a ‘green’ die hard nationalist point of view … I’m actually very flexible in my views and a new Ireland would mean ripping up a lot of the current one.

Economically, we will survive. The sun will rise tomorrow. People will tighten their belts and get on with it… We need to stop hiding behind economic bogey men and do what’s right for us in the long run.

This whole episode has showed a lot of middling protestants that unification is not only a viable option but it is probably the smart move in the long run. England a fuck does not give about them and as has been shown, being tied to the Westminster purse strings actually holds NI back and keeps them in a perpetual state of economic stagnation.

SF entering Westminster will not solve anything – getting them in for a couple of Brexit votes? and what, discard them again? They would be despised by the greater amount of MPs and would never, ever be accepted. I dont think they should give up their stance on abstention just for a couple of rounds of votes … They should concentrate on getting the NI assembly back up and running and governing NI…

Where is your scorn for FFG not entering the NI electorate for years? And suddenly popping up now when it’s easy to do so.

SF are far from perfect and are very much a juvenile party finding their way, they get as mush wrong as they do right but I dont think any Irish nationalist should set foot in Westminster, ever. That parliament does not serve us in any way, shape or form… and it never will.

1 Like

So to cut out the BS.

You admit it is an Irish problem and not just an “English” one as you said before.

You’ve given a lot of blather about reunification there but are missing the point. SF’s stated purpose on Westminister is not fit for the current times. Northern Nationalists currently have zero representation in Belfast and zero in London. SF’s primary objective was Special Designated Status for NI in the EU. They said the best place to “battle” for that was Brussels and Dublin. They allowed Fine Gael to run the Irish State’s Brexit with few contrary positions stated and are as irrelevant in Brussels as they were in Westminister 10 years ago. They haven’t battled for a second of their stated manifesto. With a chance to do so here, they shirk responsibility.

That’s the reality.

That’s your reality.

They are an Irish party, in opposition in the south and in suspended power sharing in the north.

Their allegiances are to Ireland and parliaments in Ireland.

That’s the reality.

Also mentions Brussels in there.

Of course as we all know SF have been historically Eurosceptic.

As a SF member you’ve already admitted that you want a hard Border. Would you like Ireland to leave the bodies of the EU as well?

@Tim_Riggins resorting to vapid meanderings in order to deflect from another internet beating.

Mods, please delete all this morning’s posts on this thread because they’ve been a fucking slow motion car crash.

FFS sake.