BREXIT thread

She’s a genius. She’s managed to make the conservative party forget about her calling the last election. Anyone else would have been fucked out.

Will she lose the vote again next week?

Mayday mayday she might finally have sustained some damage

A few days ago, I thought she’d win it.

Now it appears people are beginning to dig in again. Tonight’s “speech” can only damage her.

If I was a bookie right now I’d go 4/6 she loses, 6/4 she wins.

I’m still waiting to see could the Kyle amendment to be tacked onto her deal, effectively forcing a second referendum - May’s deal v Remain.

It is the most sensible way out.

You’re not far off. PP is 1/2 vote no on third meaningful vote / 6/4 yes.

Stingy actuaries.

It’s all about the overround.

What odds on no vote at all?

Third meaningful vote this month is 2/9 v 11/4.

11/4 is not a bad price at all.

4/1 on the Brit’s to walk with no deal at all. They are just shambolic enough to do it

There would be riots if that happened.

She has antagonised enough MPs on all sides that it is an actual possibility.

6/4 for a general election in 2019 seems pretty tasty as well

Absolutely. Or Boris And JRM pull the old ‘locking the parliament doors with a bike lock’ trick on the last day so parliament can’t vote anything through.

1 Like

You lads in the south can do as you please for the next ten years. You’ll be Europe’s showpiece, just so they can rub it up the tans.

It’s hard to see how there won’t be a general election in 2019 unless May’s deal gets through.

If there’s a long extension, it makes sense to have an early election and may well be a condition of such an extension.

Second referendum = likely election soon afterwards.

Article 50 withdrawal = election.

No deal = election within a short time.

She has a remarkable emotional stupidity. I imagine she’s the type of person that is likely to say something spectacularly stupid or awkward in any sort of social situation, almost Fawltyesque, completely blind to how her words will go down with others.

1 Like

I’d say that’s where you and her differ