BREXIT thread

@labane1917, who has a 100% record on TFK when it comes to predicting political results, is calling this one. May will get her third vote early next week and it will pass, the DUP will row in and enough Brexiteers will finally concede. A step closer to a United Ireland :clinking_glasses:

1 Like

If NI can get itself a unique position between the EU and U.K. then the chances of a UI will actually recede. That is part of what makes the DUP’s attitude and hill they are dying on so stupid.

1 Like

cc @anon26343222 - Fucking Irish animals over running London.

London is 29% white British

1 Like

Belfast is 45% white British.

Looks like Cabinet are going for the insanity defense in response to the bizarre statement last night.

Jeremy hunt is a vile sleeveen of a weasel without a single redeeming feature.

The oddest thing of all is that if the UK parliament with the backing of corbyn opt for a Norway plus type deal, the economy will kick on, sterling will strengthen, and a corbyn led Labour Party will have a significantly slimmer chance of winning a GE.

There’s loads of logical avenues they could take - but none of this is logical… too many factions wanting to see it crash and burn for different reasons

I was at a breakfast event Simon spoke at the other week. He’s very interesting.

Who is your favourite minister for health, Jeremy Hunt or Simon Harris?

1 Like

That’s like asking do I prefer teresa may or arlene.

1 Like

Lord Kerr, and the quite foxy president of the CBI putting the boot into treasa there on the news.
Lord Kerr is a top top man, a prime example of the best of the British civil service/ruling class.

Lord Kerr is the guy who wrote Article 50. With the objective of making it as difficult as possible for a country to leave the EU. Job done.

He barely couched his utter disdain for treasa

He’s obviously a master of the “thinly veiled” excoriation. He’d fit in nicely here just ahead of the championship.

1 Like

Macron demanding a April 11th extension :grinning:

1 Like

an April…

The Netherlands PM Mark Rutte was fairly grumpy re: Mrs. Maye’s current dilemma. I’d imagine that in the comfort of The Hole in the Dyke public house in downtown Amsterdam he’d be wishing the Brit’s would just fuck off altogether.

I wouldn’t be betting on his support for us either given the Dutch are snakey bastards.

Macron is dead fucking right. Enough of the shithousery. They’ll still be trying to squeeze a deal through at the eleventh hour no matter how long the extension is, so I would facilitate them as little as possible at this stage.

8 Likes