BREXIT thread

There are loads of very smart people who go into politics.

In the current House of Commons, for instance, I’d class the following people as extremely smart: Keir Starmer, Yvette Cooper, Stella Creasy, Peter Kyle, David Lammy, Dominic Grieve, Rory Stewart, Ken Clarke, Anna Soubry.

Obama was exxtremely smart, Bill Clinton was a Rhodes scholar, Merkel is extremely smart, and Putin is extremely smart in a cunning way.

Jacinda Ardern is a very smart woman and a superb leader.

It’s simply not true to say that smart people don’t go into politics.

I think we have a different idea of smart. Well done by the way in naming a few conservatives in your list, very generous of you :joy: My point stands that smart people in general do not enter politics, and certainly the smartest don’t.

Regarding your list, I would say they are mostly smart in a political sense, but wouldn’t really stand out either in academia or industry. Remember they are also the cream of the crop, either presidents, heads of state or cabinet members. So, they are the exceptions, rather than the rule, like a Liam Brady playing for Ireland.

Read it again dimwit.

the real smarts aren’t in industry, academia or politics. The real smarts are with lads who dump countless hours on a niche forum in the recesses of the internet, arguing with and insulting one another in circular arguments that very few people will ever read. It’s genius really

18 Likes

Its like a social experiment.

Dr. Mouse could knock a thesis out of it I’d say

1 Like

This is quite puzzling - on the one hand you claim to ridicule arguments on this forum, yet at the same time you seem very jealous that you aren’t a central player in them, and have been making clear moves lately to try and become much more involved in them.

The eejit who initially replied to you has more posts than anybody else put together on this forum*.

*Only slight exaggeration for the purposes of rhetorical flourish.

It could be the crowning glory of the place.

1 Like

I bob and weave mate. I very rarely argue about politics as it is utterly pointless.

What I tend to do is drive you absolutely fucking mental and get you claiming how intellectually superior you are to every one else on here. It doesn’t take long.

One would have to wonder why you bother slumming it here at all considering how utterly ridiculous you think we all are.

Oh it’s definitely not me being driven mad, mate, I think that’s quite obvious.

But do carry on searching for “hilarious” memes in desperate attempts to make a point for you that you’re unable to make yourself - what that point is, nobody knows - least of all yourself.

You spend a hell of a lot of time arguing with a fella you contend has the mental capacity of a 4 year old. By your own logic, that would make you similarly simple Sid.

4 Likes

Ah, I don’t argue with you that much, do I?

I thought we were e-buds, bud.

for someone who claims to be so superior you tend to miss the point a lot

I presume you’ll have a load of examples, so.

Go on…

No. I’ve got an actual 4 year old boy to argue/have the craic with. Way better craic.

5 Likes

I’ll not jump through hoops for you.

I’ll leave that to you

You’ve been jumping like a performing seal, mate. :smile:

Unnecessary tautology

the truth is always necessary