BREXIT thread

I always love the analogy about the mother carrying a baby in her womb, The UK is the mother, and Eire is the baby, if the mother dies, so does Eire

Surely we’re close enough to term at this stage that we could be saved should the mother not make it?

2 Likes

I can’t believe I liked a post by @myboyblue.

Eire depends on the UK for their life, their biggest market, everything. if the mother dies, Eire also dies

Can’t they take a joke?

1 Like

Much like a child born without its mothers breast to suckle, it will adapt and find another to latch onto.

1 Like

A big fraulein

1 Like

Ireland is the 5th biggest trading partner of the UK — John Bull makes a loss on trade with their top 4 trading partners and it’s not till they get to Ireland that they make a profit… The UK needs Ireland. In fact, the UK sends more to Ireland than it does to China, India and Brasil combined x 2 … little England doesnt realise how badly they need Paddy.

A Saxon fraulein.

The child is a bloated, obese montrosity from all the cake it eats.

Thank God they don’t realise this.

more lies from paddy, throw up the figures there like a good lad

Fuck off and defrost some fish fingers for yourself bedsit boy.

The EU is on the run, they’re on the retreat, just like the Germans when the British destroyed them at Dunkirk.

The US is our biggest market, not the UK.
We export far more to the EU than we do to the UK, Belgium is just behind the UK in terms of exports and Belgium & Germany combined far exceed the UK, not to mention all the other EU countries.
Ireland actually has a trade deficit with the UK. As in we import more from them than we export to them.

The UK’s chief exports to us are Cars, Oil, Gas etc. We can pivot away from them if necessary, it wouldn’t be easy but it’s do able.
The UK’s chief imports from us are mainly food & medicine based. Not so easy to pivot, particularly on the food stuff as it’s perishable. It’d be a lot more doable if they were just cutting out the Orish and hadn’t cut themselves off from all of their nearby trading partners in one swoop.

The UK will be jeopardizing basically half of all their trade. In summary Brexit will be an absolute shit show for the UK. It won’t be good for us in the short term, but we’ll manage. Long term it could actually be positive as we’d be the only English speaking nation left in the EU

5 Likes

It’s amazing the things Paddy the Mick convinces himself of

@Tassotti

You giving Tassotti a rimmer, Brimmer?

Paddy’s facts can’t compete with good old fashioned John Bull pride.

1 Like

I love your breasts

The problem for us isn’t the overall amount of trade as you’ve set out. It’s that a lot of the trade we do have with Britain is overwhelmingly reliant on that market, especially food as you said. And it’s a lot of SMEs with fine margins in terms of profitability.

Labour’s latest position is another joke. The only political party putting country over politics are the Lib Dems (remain is their policy anyway) but the type of person who votes for the Lib Dems over there is also the type who refuses to see that in coalition governments that you make sacrifices.

1 Like