BREXIT thread

no deal is better than a bad deal. Mrs May is a tremendous politician, she is playing a blinder, we are heading for a peoples vote, which of course is her plan all along

No deal is preferable. See how quick Brussels dumps paddy once it happens and how paddy will be in complete denial about it

I reckon Parliament will blink first and do the British thing of voting it through while holding their nose.

Ken Clarke has described it as “dogs dinner” but he will vote for it

1 Like

Ex Tory secretary of state for NI Owen Patterson was on the radio this morning bemoaning the fact that this deal didn’t respect “the Conservative electoral manifesto”. Not a mention from the interviewer that in any negotiation there is the other party who may not be fully invested in giving you everything you want

I’m sure the DUP aren’t respecting the electoral manifesto either

I expect so. They are slowly learning their place in the world.

It’s been a sobering experience for Britain, learning who is driving the bus in Europe these days.

Got a manifesto, put it to a testo

4 Likes

You would think after all this time they would be used to Paddy driving their buses.

1 Like

Net worth
Shoot me down if my sums are wrong, but I think Northern Ireland costs the UK taxpayer more than the European Union. The figures I have suggest that our annual net contribution to the province (what we pay minus what we get back) is £9.3 billion. The figure for the EU is £8.6 billion. The whole population of Northern Ireland is a million less than that of Greater Manchester. Just saying.

Is that right?

Haven’t a clue. It’s from Matthew Parris’ column in The Times today, interesting straw to be throwing into the breeze.

1 Like

Where did you get this stat from out of interest?

See previous post

It’s probably not a great idea for Parris to be starting sentences that would be seen as highly inflammatory to a section of Norn Iron society with the words “Shoot me down”.

1 Like
1 Like

Unreal from the PM at PMQ, she is batting them away like flies

2 Likes

And our fellow arguing about the cost of dinner at a Kylie Minogue concert.

13 Likes

I’d love to see how John Bercow would deal with the likes of Danny Healy Rae

2 Likes