BREXIT thread

She’s going nowhere. She’s really grown into the PM role.

Look it, Copper_pipe furnished a photo of Tamara Cohen, so fuck off out of here with your negativity

1 Like

Signs are clear enough that she’ll win this handily. Even hardliners like Penelope quick out of the blocks to back her.

If she doesn’t win this she says a new PM would have to delay or revoke A50.
The EU would welcome revocation but hardly delay?

Erg motives hard to decipher. She’s going nowhere, and they’ve shot their load. All I can think is that they knew they had no chance, and that they are completely distancing themselves from brexit and all its gory details.

The EU have been very clear on this, they won’t delay unless something significant happens like a second referendum being called. However the EU have been very clear on a lot of things and it hasn’t stopped the tory rebels from believing they can somehow get a different deal.

The lady is not for turning :clap:

1 Like

If it took them 2 weeks to get 15% to send in letters I can’t see them having the numbers to oust her tonight ?

Brexit is Brexit is Brexit

She still hasn’t the numbers to pass it, so maybe by trying and failing to oust her they can fall in behind her as it’s the least worst outcome.

Hard to imagine that’s their motive. Rees mogg is a zealot.

1 Like

I would say there are mixed motivations. Some people may just see the vote as inevitable and might want it out of the way, she can’t be challenged again for a year after that. Some see it as a protest vote to cover themselves and some genuinely want her out. Anything can happen in a private ballot but they must be looking around and wondering what kind of a nut job they’ll end up with in charge of them if they get rid of her.

I saw some speculation this morning that if May feels she hasn’t enough of a mandate, as in if it’s close, she might still resign.

It really is quite bizarre. I watched two of them on BBC World News this morning, Crispin something or other and some nonce knight of the realm. Both were all we have to go back to the EU and get a better deal. Piece of piss really.
People believe this shit as well.

The same lads were crowing about what a bureaucratic nightmare the EU is (which it is) but somehow now think it’ll be a cinch to get 26 countries to agree on a better deal for the UK, when it’s clearly not in the interests of at least some of them to do so

1 Like

That’s what happened to Thatcher. She won the vote but not comprehensively enough so she quit.

That is quite bizarre. Are you following us around the forum?

Yes.

1 Like

at least you dont read our PMs