Britain.. a hot take

Southwest for me as well, Bristol is a lovely city, the children’s science museum ‘We the curious’ (formerly @bristol) is an incredible day out, lovely city
Cornwall and Devon are just beautiful, stop off in any old roadside pub and eat grub as good as you’ll get in the top restaurants in Ireland,

1 Like

In general the Tans are okay but they think they are above everyone else.

They’d shit all over you for a few notes.

I love the railway stations over there. I’d be over for work so it’s all expensed as trains as expensive to travel in but you get a real feel for how big the place
Is and the history from them

Bristol to Manchester is about same distance as Dublin to Cork

1 Like

You can maybe fly to Newquay?

I don’t like those turbo prop planes after a few hairy flights.

I might get tanked up and do Newquay maybe

They do thanks to hundreds of years of imperialism but simultaneously, a small minority of them think they are better than all the rest of them thanks to hundreds of years of the class and wealth systems.
It’s like a weird enclave empire within the heart of a bigger empire.
They are an odd sort.

Northern Tans are the finest.

The good ones are the best of people but the bad ones, of which there are a lot , are cunts.

I’ve worked with lots of them over years. The polite veneer wears off very quickly to reveal a sneer if they think Paddy has one over on them.

I remember in the late 90s an old boss of mine was being spoken down to by a lad from London on a deal. My boss had done well for himself and was sharp.

He says to your man “hang on til I shush the chickens out of my kitchen”

4 Likes

That famous Eastenders episode must have been topical at the time

Was that in Eastenders ?

I flew to Newquay in a turbo prop, hired a car and toured around Padstow for a few days. Beautiful part of the world. Only issue is that parking is at an absolute premium in those Cornish villages. Not to be underestimated as a frustration.

3 Likes
1 Like

This isn’t actually true. Some would, some wouldn’t. I suspect the proportion of Irish “who’d shit all over you for a few notes” is just the same, if not higher. I also suspect in truth, that if you jammed sixty odd million Irish into a small island there would be blood.
I was always told on the sites to try and get an English gangerman, as theyd be far nicer than an Irish one.

7 Likes

That must be where he got it from. It would have been around 1997 alright :joy:

I never looked at it that way. It would be unbearable. You’d emigrate.

You’ve pretty well nailed it there

1 Like

Thanks pigeon my oul epal. Nailed it like a Limerick hurl on an unguarded ball sack.

6 Likes

It is a nice part of the world, but must say not a patch on the West of Ireland. For one, there are still too many people on the roads over there. All the toffs coming down from London packing the place out! And there are a fair amount of towns full of scumbags down there too.

Newquay is a mighty spot.

1 Like

too many surfers