British Loins Tour to New Zealand 2017 - Official Thread

He keeps banging on “it’s like kissing your sister”
Wtf he is on about is anyone’s guess but he’s slimeball.
He’s also a candidate for the people you suspect are smelly thread.

I see respected former international rugby referee Jonahan Kaplan agrees with me that we should have been awarded the penalty as Kieran Read interfered with Liam Williams in the air.

I’m almost getting sick of being consistently right about things.

2 Likes

H’on the Archbishop of Banterbury!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWfDtL-gYDN/

jameshask All over! Smile because it happened , don’t cry because its over. What a 7 weeks. I have made friends for life and played with some unreal lads. Anyone who wrote off Northern hemisphere rugby post 2015, for which there were loads, i personally think its in a great place :joy::joy::+1:t2:
Time off and then its back to beating each other up.

Nigel Wray has advocated playing “Home” Lions Tests instead of the SH, in order to make more money and of course get some more for him.

Nigel doesn’t appear to understand what the Lions is. We go down there to teach colonials how civilised men operate. That goes for on-field behaviour (no shoulder charges, spear tackles) but also, crucially, off-field behaviour (winning and losing with a sense of joie de vivre and dignity). If we merely host these guys, this crucial civilising mission would be entirely lost.

3 Likes

Thanks mate. Not home for too long. Off on the summer holidays with the family in the morning.

We let a big chance of winning the series slip. I was actually pretty disappointed with the outcome as I felt before the series ever started we had every chance of winning and New Zealand were nowhere near as good as the lazy consensus made them out to be. They’ve lost Dan Carter, Conrad Smith, Ma Nonu and Richie McCaw to retirement in the last two years, Dane Coles was out injured for the series and Ben Smith missed the 2nd and 3rd test. They are nowhere near the force they were in 2015 and were there for the taking but we didn’t have the quality in the outside backs to capitalise. A bad backs coach and a winger at full back and a centre on the wing didn’t help on that front.

4 Likes

Hi Geoff,

Did you get to the last two tests?

I was at the second test in Wellington. It was mostly a working trip on the South Island and I wasn’t able to make it to Auckland for the third test.

7 Likes

Still though, I’m sure it was a great experience. Hope you enjoyed the trip and have a great holiday with the family

1 Like

Is Argentina ready for a Lions tour Tim?

Lions were in Argentina in 1910, 1927 and 1936.

Are you talking in the context of rugby ability, commercially or the legacy of the Malvinas war ?

I’d pencil them in for 2029.

1 Like

The whole package.

I’d be sceptical. If Argentina come in it’s a 16
year cycle. Even on the Australia tour now, there’s still a few filler matches as they don’t have the depth in playing numbers. That issue would be even more pronounced in Argentina.

I think the Australia years i.e. 2025 they should play Argentina on the way in a one off or two game test. I know we played them in wales in 2013 but I mean a mini tour there before crossing the Indian Ocean to Australia

Any pics, pal? Loads here doubt you went…be great to shove it up em.

I don’t think there is any onus on @GeoffreyBoycott to put up snaps. The weakling who was baiting him about it pretended to be at the state of origin during the week and refused to put up live snaps

Anyway I’m happy to confirm Geoff brought me home a program from the game and a nice pin souvenir. I’m not a massive lions fan but nice to add to the collection and he wouldn’t take a penny for them

Your barking up the wrong tree here mice. Nobody doubts Geoff.

1 Like

I believe Geoff, but what a stupid post… of course the onus is on the person claiming something… You could open the door to lads pretending to run marathons, be Italian or ride whores with their wife if you’re not careful.

3 Likes