British Politics

Again, how is pointing to the exact same powers and issue deflecting onto something else?

You must be just thick here. If a Black person and a white person both shoplift in the same manner and go to jail, you are essentially saying that with the Black person was being prejudiced against.

Again, David Hicks has his citizenship revoked for his actions in the Middle East. A white male of Australian origin who fought for U.K. citizenship through the courts and was then stripped of it by the Home Secretary.

They might rejoin and that is likely a central reason, but the Liberal Democrat brand is not a popular one.

This isn’t just because of being the Junior coalition party.

It’s the history of the Party and attitudes towards them by the big two.

You’re furiously digging here.

The below is textbook whataboutery.

To use your own words, you deflected onto something else.

Even in your own words, it’s whataboutery.

Whataboutery is an attempt to silence discussion on a particular topic for self-serving reasons.

Hi di hi di hi di hi

How is it something else? It is the exact same principle.

Corbyn’s former employers react to the news.

Lolzers. What an absolute disgrace of a government.

Degsy didn’t last long :smile:

1 Like

In conversation with a family member, she said she had just attended a woman being stoned to death, and it was “cool”
Im perfectly happy with the decision to at least attempt to strip her of citizenship. We have done the same recently iirc.
I dont feel that strongly about it, but i think of the poor woman being stoned to death on some trumped up charge, in front of a hollering shower of psychopathic fundamentalist bigots, of the pain and terror of her death, and i think fcuk that isis stooge. Offer to take the baby back, and leave her see if the saudis will have her.

Maybe sid, they are not looking for personal advancement, just trying to stand up for what they believe to be right.

Anna Soubry eulogised the austerity agenda of the Tory Lib Dem coalition today at her press conference.

Have the former Labour members in this new grouping commented on this? Do they agree with it?

What will the group’s policies be?

Is it:
i) we want a second Brexit referendum
ii) em…

An important but by nature transient issue doesn’t seem much of a basis on which to build a political party.

I can at least understand why “moderate” Tories would want out of the insane far right mess that the Tory party has become. Yet, they’re still, at heart, Tories who largely support Tory policies such as tuition fees and rail and water privatisation and unregulated finance.

But most of the former Labour members are just anti-Corbynites and have been from day one.

It’s clear, despite the current 8-3 former Labour v former Tory head count, that the bigger hitters in this new group are likely to be former Tories, especially if Dominic Grieve joins it. So what are former Labour members doing in the same party as them (hint: Angela Smith has vested interests in water privatisation)? Did they ever believe in core Labour policies?

The Lib Dems are electoral toxin now because they acquiesced with Tory austerity.

Beyond their Brexit stance, what has a group that one has to assume wants to essentially continue neo-liberal austerity and the same status quo that has led to massive wealth inequality, got to offer ordinary people?

“We’re just normal people with values”, says Heidi Allen. “The policy part comes secondary. People first, politicians second.”

What on earth is that?

Chuka Umunna has issued similar bland soundbytes.

These “values” don’t extend to preventing something like the Windrush scandal, given that they all voted in favour of Theresa May’s “hostile environment”.

Five of the former Labour members voted for the Iraq War when they were MPs and all eight voted against investigations into it.

As far as I know, six of the eight former Labour members were also in Labour Friends Of Israel, which is basically an apologist group for the breaking of international law and the worst excesses of Israeli barbarity.

I find it unlikely that that is a blend which will attract much support. Personal votes for MPs do no doubt exist but they aren’t really much of a thing in UK politics.

What right has Britain to make somebody stateless and pass their problem onto an entirely different third country of which she’s not even a citizen?

Ripping up their own counter-terrorism strategy in the process?

Astounding colonial arrogance.

Has the woman ever even been to Bangladesh?

1 Like

Bullet points please

Zero tolerance for racism, or something.

Angela Smith lied saying she was tired from doing interviews for six hours. Funny Tinge started doing interviews at 10am and Smith made the comment on a programme that started at 12:15pm.

We have one now as well. It’s to be expected I think as ISIS has been decimated and their women are fleeing. This one was on her third husband in four years but now sees that ISIS was misguided (after they have been reduced to a rabble you could fit in Rathkeale).

The lesson here for the screaming Marys is that citizenship in an enlightened western democracy should be regarded as a privilege. When you denounce said democracy in favor of a head chopping, gay killing, woman hating ideology and go fight for it, don’t be surprised at resistance to welcoming you back.

At least she shows a bit of remorse over what she done.

I havent followed this story ---- But are people suggesting that someone who left to go support ISIS should be allowed back to the western country they originally left to join the terrorists? — Surely this person made their bed and should now lie in it? ---- saying others have been able to return doesnt make it right, that’s just another wrong. —

We are all Gods children, to forgive is divine.

Yes mate. People of supposed intelligence are suggesting that someone who prefers the Sharia law way of doing things, including enjoying the odd social event of a beheading or stoning, should be granted all the hard fought human rights in the country they profess to hate.

1 Like