British Politics

Empty the prisons, it’s the Christian thing to do.

Well lets not get hasty here, we need the prison for employment.

Another christian thing to do would be to compensate the victims of catholic church child abuse and to possibly try and stop it happening again.

If the state had to compensate all those who were abused under it’s watch, it would go bankrupt.

Luckily for the Catholic church, they have centuries worth of plunder built up in their vaults… let’s hope they do the Christian thing here.

1 Like

I couldn’t be arsed looking up how many dioceses have declared bankruptcy in the US, but from memory the payouts through 2018 were $4 billion.

Do as I say not as I do

images%20(1)

The racist, colonial arrogance of the Brits over this Shamima Begum case is fucking astounding.

“Hey, Bangladesh, listen up! We’re stripping this brown girl of her citizenship - explicity against our own counter-terrorism strategy - and we expect you, our former colony, to pick up the tab and take her in. We don’t care that she’s never even been to Bangladesh. This is on your heads now. Know your place, piccaninnies, and do what your rightful master Britain tells you to do.”

“Oh, and any chance of a favourable trade deal, while you’re at it?”

1 Like

The lesson here is that racist, imperialist scumbags like you think it’s just fine for Britain to pass its own security problems onto former colonies, despite those former colonies having absolutely nothing to do with them.

Because, they’re, well, little people.

And sure all those Muslims and brown people are the same, really, aren’t they? Or something something.

Personally I’m surprised but feel the brits made the right decision- sent out the right message ( no contrition on her behalf at any time)

They dont want her either. Racism?

1 Like

Why would they want her? She’s not a citizen of Bangladesh. She’s Britain’s problem because she’s British.

But she can claim citizemship there. Why doesn’t she? And why dont they want her? It’s hardly racism sid

1 Like

They have made it very clear why they don’t want her, “the country has zero tolerance towards terrorism and violent extremism”.

1 Like

She was a citizen of the UK only. The UK can’t decide they don’t want her and ship her off to wherever her mother was from.

The UK should learn to take ownership of its problems.

It’s racism on the Brits’ part. They think they can bully a former colony when it suits them.

Again, why should Bangladesh take somebody who is a British citizen and not a Bangladeshi citizen?

It’s nothing to do with Bangladesh. She has never even been there.

It’s everything to do with Britain. She’s their problem and their responsibility - and their own counter-terrorism strategy specifically says so.

She made that decision for herself

4 Likes

Maybe they should do some sort of trade deal with Bangladesh after Brexit.

4 Likes

Bullying a former colony? I haven’t heard that interpretation before.
I’m just asking if you think banglagesh are tacist for not wanting her. If she has a right to claim citizenship…

It’s amazing how you’re focussing on her supposed eligibility for Bangladeshi citizenship and blaming Bangladesh for this case.

Bangladesh understandably do not want to take in somebody who has travelled to Islamic State territory, and who has never even been to Bangladesh.

While you simultaneously completely neglect the fact that she is a British citizen only, born and brought up there, and imply that Britain should be able to wash their hands of her and pass her on to a former colony which has nothing to do with her.

That’s the sort of thing I’d expect from somebody such as, oh, Ruth Dudley Edwards.