Broadband Provider

You’ve probably gone into detail on your problems with UPC but I’m considering singing up with them soon. Whats exactly have they done to make you so irate?

For the last few months, once it hits 10 pm the broadband slows down to a crawl-I’ve done speed tests where they download was 0.2mb. Their customer service closes at 9:30 pm so whenever I ring them, they do a test and it’s fine. They suggested I go for the 100mb package so I said fine sign me up for that. Then they said oh actually the 100mb package isn’t available in your area which is Dublin fucking city centre. Eventually they sent out a technician who said it’s a fault on the line in the area and they would “send out a crew” to deal with it. In the meantime a sales rep from them is ringing me twice a week trying to sell me the 100mb package that isn’t available in my area and I am paying €44 per month for internet that is pretty much unusable after 10 pm 4 or 5 nights a week. A bunch of fucking clowns.

The customer service in UPC is shocking, it’s probably a remanent from the NTL days who set new lows in the standard of customer service

They have actually improved a good bit from the NTL days but they are still piss poor. Everybody you talk to tells you something different when you ring them. I had conversations with 3 different people there about sending out the technician because I was arguing with them about the €100 callout fee as in why would I pay €100 for them to send out a technician to fix the service I am paying them to provide. All 3 were adamant that there was nothing they could do as it was a standard charge for a callout. I spoke to a 4th person in the end and they said there was no such fee and that, of course, I wouldn’t have to pay for them to send out a technician.

:rolleyes:

tiresome cunt

tiresome cunt[/quote]
Tut tut tut-shakes his head. What happened to the old TASE who could wind me up with so much more finesse? That’s an awful effort mate to be fair.

Do any of the rural posters plan on using the Digiweb satellite service or do of you use mobile dongles?

2.5mb fixed connection here. Trying to watch RTE player here and its a fucking joke…I can watch Netflix, YouTube HD etc with out a bother… But not RTE player. Cunts.

Anybody signed up with Eir? What’s the service like? And do you get all of the BT/Setatnta/Eir sport channels free with it or just the Eir channels? Currently paying around €20 a month for those channels and received another notice from Virgin yesterday saying bill is going up again in January so that’ll be around €57 a month just for internet now on top of €90 for Sky with BT.

I was off there a few weeks ago and he called to the door. Sounds like the best package for you is what he was truing to offer memails. 68 notes a month which included basic TV channels and unlimited landline. Have subsequently heard that they’re absolute cunts in terms of customer service and depending on where you are, you’ll be buffering more than a cleaner.
I pay 38 a month for Vodafone and have invested in a dreamboX. Job done

1 Like

Vodafone and Eir is the same service essentislly. If Vodafone isn’t buffering then Eir won’t either.

1 Like

I have Vodafone. No problems.

jesus Christ, have ye not even got fibre optic yet over in that backward hellhole?

How the fuck can you expect us to have fibre optic. We’re only just after getting the electric over here

Just to be clear Michael, I want to keep the TV with Sky but cancel the BT subscription and change to Eir if they provide all the BT sports channels as part of the deal and their service is decent.

I suppose I could barely even get 3g coverage in Dublin recently

The best offer they have is available online.
50 notes a month on a 12 month contract. Includes all Eir and BT sport channels.
It also includes a pay as you use phone line .

1 Like

Why don’t you invest in a dream box kid? It’s a once off investment of circa 200 notes plus a 100 a year for the service. Even if you go with Eir broadband you’ll still be forking out 140 a month.

I’ll be honest Mike I’m afraid of change and very reluctant to embrace new technologies.

nothing stays the same forever

1 Like