Bruce Springsteen thread

It is only way to go.
I just out of curiosity did a search on my Gmail of last time we were there. It will be 10 years since we were at that last gig in Olympic stadium and the prices are around the same so I’m not sure what the story is here. Magical night though. Still talk about it. None of this 10 deep queues to get a drink and nice balmy relaxed air to it all.

3 Likes

We started to go away to gigs a few years ago - bands tend to play week nights in Ireland which is a bit shit. Going away to a gig is the way to go - a nice fulcrum to hang a few days off.

4 Likes

I’ve been to a few gigs in Manchester and London. Good owl way to have a city break.

I am on the plane already

1 Like

False, Your Hometown, Atlantic City & Thunder Road are vastly superior

Likewise. Manchester, London, etc. Even made my only ever trip to Glasgow for a gig.

The stadium plays a huge part in a Bruce gig I find. RDS has never been anything but brilliant, same for Nowlan Park. Croker wasn’t a paych though.

The first gig in Dublin after they cut the power on him and McCartney in London was unreal, nice few digs at the Brits and their rules.

You’ve lads here espousing traveling to Barcelona to see Bruce, other lads touring America all summer, and I’m daddy Warbucks. £160 quid for a good seat at a three hour show to see a global icon is good value.
I’m not the one stalking out of restaurants when the price list is too cheap.

Are you coming to Barcelona with us?

Of course I am.

1 Like

Things are too dear or too cheap for Goldilocks O’Dowd

5 Likes

First round of Estrella is on me

1 Like

Reassuringly expensive.

Still seething

Out pops the turtle head.

2 Likes

How much to charter a flight to Barcelona?

2 Likes

It’s only my opinion but it’s based on many thousands of hours of listening to music, I think Thunder road is one of the greatest songs ever written,

I would have the river, racing in the streets and Glory days in my top 100 possibly

For those who would like to be moved to tears today and haven’t heard this before, you’re welcome, you’d need a heart of stone not to

5 Likes

My personal favourite is I’m Goin’ Down.

Love Jungleland and Badlands at the minute as well.

I have a heart of stone.

2 Likes

Flights to Barcelona look extortionate. Sorry lads, think I’ll go to Rome on May 21st instead