Bruce Springsteen thread

T’would be fucking epic if he did :ireland:

Bloody hell this guy is auld as me Da! I was barely born for his last hit. Any fella under 40 going to this would want to cop on to themselves.

what an ignorant fucking statement that is.

springsteen is a screamin’ banshee ffs…a session musician at best

Bruce will be supported in Kilkenny by Glen Harsard, Damo Dempsey and Imelda what-her-name-is-from-Dublin.

Out-fucking-standing

:pint: :pint: :pint:

seeing him here next month. looking fwd to it immensely

Dats gd 2 ere. Shud b a g8 gig

FAO @Mac[/USER] [USER=6]@briantinnion and sundry Boss/Giants fans - a tune to kick off the weekend, Bruce Springsteen debuting “Wrecking Ball” at the last ever concert at Giants Stadium back in '09

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JKN2yGz-N0

And here’s a tribute video to go along with for the Giants

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3QleE_vhWo

FAO @Phil Leotardo[/USER] [USER=109]@Mac etc

98FM News understand that Bruce Springsteen will play Croke Park this summer.

The GAA is due to announce a second gig at the stadium, after already confirming The Script.

Organisers will be keen to avoid a repeat of last year’s Garth Brooks disaster.

The country singer cancelled all five nights after Dublin City Council told him he could only play three shows at the stadium.

Tickets for all five nights had sold out before the licence process was complete, and organisers had to refund around a quarter of a million people.

Bookies have Ed Sheeran down as favourite to play Croke Park this summer, so much so that betting has been suspended on the ginger singer-songwriter.

Names like Robbie Williams, Florence & The Machine and Calvin Harris are also doing the rounds.

However, 98FM News understands Bruce Springsteen will soon be confirmed to play a night at Croke Park this summer.

[QUOTE=“myboyblue, post: 1085777, member: 180”]FAO @Phil Leotardo[/USER] [USER=109]@Mac etc

The GAA is due to announce a second gig at the stadium, after already confirming The Script.

The country singer cancelled all five nights after Dublin City Council told him he could only play three shows at the stadium.

Tickets for all five nights had sold out before the licence process was complete, and organisers had to refund around a quarter of a million people.

Bookies have Ed Sheeran down as favourite to play Croke Park this summer, so much so that betting has been suspended on the ginger singer-songwriter.

Names like Robbie Williams, Florence & The Machine and Calvin Harris are also doing the rounds.

However, 98FM News understands Bruce Springsteen will soon be confirmed to play a night at Croke Park this summer.[/QUOTE]

What a load of bluster! Like one of Kev’s posts.

[QUOTE=“myboyblue, post: 1085777, member: 180”]FAO @Phil Leotardo[/USER] [USER=109]@Mac etc

However, 98FM News understands Bruce Springsteen will soon be confirmed to play a night at Croke Park this summer.[/QUOTE]

It ain’t the boss anyway. The fucking independent ran this story as well, sourcing the herald.

[B][I]A source has told the Herald that the act due to be announced for the Dublin stadium this Friday is “a well-known American musician whose songs include ‘Born in the USA’ and who appeals to all ages”.

The Herald can also reveal that one gig will be announced on Friday with another being announced on Saturday.
[/I][/B]
Someone either seriously mugged off the Herald or they have savage imaginations.

:frowning:

Anyone else hearing about a poss late May Croker gig?

Link?

Friend of a colleague who works in Croker. “Duirt bean liom” etc. He’s confirmed to play Lisbon on May 19th, presume that kicks off a European tour.

Interesting. The article from 2015 has popped up on social media in recent days when Ed Sheeran eventually played so I wondered was that it.

Boxed off a few hotel nights on booking.com there before my roaster brethern get on the bandwagon. He normally keeps a few nights between shows though.

That would have to be the June Bank Holiday weekend.

There’s a double header there the last weekend in May.

It’s only Dublin-Wexford shure, what’ll be at that? He’s played midweek before anyhow iirc.

1 Like

That was the RDS.

I doubt he’d do Croker Midweek.

The June Bank Holiday weekend is free of fixtures in Croke from what I can see.